Fairfax, Virginia - SGIA '06 (Las Vegas, September 26-29) will bring the capabilities of the latest digital imaging technologies to life with two production lines in action at SGIA's Digital Workflow Pavilion on the Expo floor.
Visitors will see images go through the entire process - from computer image to finished product. The exhibit's production lines, which will be properly ventilated as part of SGIA's Air Quality Initiative, will run continuously during Expo hours. Attendees will be able to talk with experts running the lines about the equipment technologies, processes and techniques in an educational environment.
The Digital Workflow Pavilion will feature equipment provided by SGIA '06 exhibitors:
- UV-curable printer (Raster Printers Inc.: Booth 5016)
- Solvent inkjet device (Roland DGA Corp.: Gold Sponsor - Booth 2800)
- Wedge welding equipment (Sinclair Equipment Co.: Booth 518)
- I-cut device (Mikkelsen Graphic Engineering Inc.: Booth 522)
- Rigid media products (Alcan Composites USA Inc.: Booth 1970)
- Pressure-sensitive media products (Avery Dennison Corp.: Booth 1122)
- Laminator and lamination films (Neschen Americas/Seal: Booth 4230)
- RIP software and computers (Wasatch Computer Technology: Booth 1570) (Onyx Graphics Inc.: Booth 3724)
- Vinyl media (Value Vinyls Inc.: Booth 4020)
"SGIA '06 attendees will see digital imaging as a complete process, rather than a group of seemingly separate technologies," said Dan Marx, SGIA Vice President for Markets & Technologies. "They'll be able to see how the elements fit together, and how a digital production process can be a beneficial reality for their operation," he said.
Visit SGIA.org to find more information on the Digital Workflow Pavilion, or to register for SGIA '06.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.