HUDSON, N.H., Nov. 17 -- Presstek, Inc., a leading manufacturer and marketer of environmentally responsible, high tech, digital imaging solutions for the graphic arts and laser imaging markets, today announced three new additions to the Presstek executive team which reflect the company's continued focus on sales and customer service.
As previously announced, Presstek President and Chief Executive Officer Edward Marino has assumed direct responsibility for all sales, service and customer-facing operations worldwide. To support Marino in his commitment to developing a strong customer-driven and market-focused company, the following individuals have now become part of Presstek's executive management team and will report directly to Marino:
* Emile Tabassi, Vice President, North American Sales - Tabassi will oversee a continent wide network of highly trained sales and support professionals and distributors. As the face of Presstek to the customer, this team's mission is to inform and educate customers on the company's product and service offerings, and to leverage Presstek's consultative approach to recommend and provide the best set of solutions for the customer's operation.
* Joe Musgrave, Vice President, North American Service - Musgrave and his team are dedicated to ensuring that Presstek's customers in North America have access to the industry's best support services. This group is responsible for all areas of service delivery including technical support, installation services, repair services, training, parts and service contract sales. The group's primary objective is to deliver a rich service experience to ensure the highest level of customer
* Ron Cardone, Chief Information Officer - Cardone and his team are responsible for managing the day-to-day support of the company's information technology, as well as establishing the strategic direction of Presstek's internal business systems architecture, and the tactical implementation of those system strategies to help drive improved corporate efficiency, customer service and competitive advantage in the marketplace.
"The addition of these new direct reports to Presstek's executive management team is a critical step in Presstek's integration of ABDick and our evolution as a single operating business unit," said Marino. "Our newly enhanced executive team, designed to take Presstek into the future, is organized to intensify the company's focus on delivering emerging technology and service to new and existing customers around the world."
Tabassi, Musgrave and Cardone join the following other seasoned Presstek executive team members:
* Moosa E. Moosa, Executive Vice President-Finance and Chief Financial Officer - Moosa and his team will continue overseeing all financial and administrative operations of the company, including developing and implementing financial and business strategies, developing and maintaining investor and banking relationships, as well as the other traditional functions of finance in a public company.
* Michael McCarthy, Senior Vice President, Operations - McCarthy supervises the operations group, which is responsible for all engineering, research, development and manufacturing for the company. McCarthy's team is also responsible for all sourcing and distribution supply chain operations in North America, as well as sales and marketing for Precision Lithograining's analog plate business.
* Peter A. Bouchard, Vice President, Marketing - Bouchard's worldwide marketing organization is responsible for developing and managing the company's product portfolio, pricing, creative services, advertising, sales collateral, trade shows and open houses. This group also manages Presstek's key strategic alliances, which include Ryobi, Kodak, Mitsubishi, Agfa, EFI, Global Graphics, Heidelberg and Koenig and Bauer.
* Quen Baum, Managing Director, Presstek Europe - Located in the United Kingdom, Presstek-Europe is the combined operations of Presstek's former European distributor business and ABDick's former U.K. business. As Managing Director, Baum's team provides technical, sales and marketing, and logistic support throughout Europe.
* William T. Davison, Vice President, Business Development - Davison oversees Presstek's business development efforts, which are focused on future industry, technology and market opportunities. Davison's group is also involved in the development and acquisition of imaging technologies for new applications or markets along with the extension of existing platforms and Presstek IP into new business areas.
* Eugene L. Langlais, III, Vice President and Chief Technologist - Langlais works cooperatively with business development to pursue long- term business opportunities for Presstek, along with the identification of the enabling technologies required to meet those opportunities. This unit also oversees Presstek's intellectual property portfolio.
* Mark McElhinney, President, Lasertel, Inc. - McElhinney will continue overseeing Lasertel, a subsidiary of Presstek, and the world's largest user of high-power, fiber-coupled diode lasers. Lasertel is designed to be a top supplier of active optical components worldwide with a variety
of products that include state-of-the-art semiconductor lasers and active components for the graphics, medical, defense and industrial markets.
Marino continued, "The combination of Tabassi, Musgrave and Cardone with Presstek's more experienced executives creates a diverse and talented executive team with a wide breadth of expertise. Our enhanced executive team's collective experience, combined with a sharp focus and commitment to accountability, is critical to the company's progress and its success as a world class provider of high technology digital products and service solutions for the graphic arts market."
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.