XMPie Unveils uImage, Photoshop-Based Image Personalization Tool For Variable Data Publishing
Press release from the issuing company
CHICAGO – PRINT'05 - SEPTEMBER 9, 2005 - XMPie, the leading provider of dynamic publishing software unveiled today a new variable imaging solution, uImage, at PRINT'05. uImage integrates rich, breathtaking, Image Personalization effects with Variable Data Publishing. For the first time, Adobe Photoshop CS2 users can produce powerful, visually rich, personalized images and graphics and seamlessly merge them into XMPie variable productions, in print and online. uImage ties together the creative agility and user-friendliness of Adobe Photoshop CS2 with the powerful logic and advanced personalization capabilities of XMPie's VDP software solutions.
uImage brings Photoshop, and its vast audience of creative professionals within agencies, studios, print providers, and enterprises, to the expanding XMPie suite of dynamic publishing solutions. uImage automatically merges variable image and text data with Photoshop templates to compose personalized images that are then automatically integrated back into XMPie VDP production.
XMPie is also unveiling PersonalEffectTM v2.5, introducing ground-breaking creative capabilities for variable data publishing, including:
- X-DOT Technology. XMPie Dynamic Object Transparency technology produces efficient variable printstreams, in all supported formats, that incorporate and preserve the powerful transparency and drop shadow effects created in Adobe InDesign, with full application of XMPie variable settings.
- Dynamic Object Styles. An innovative creative feature that allows Adobe InDesign CS2 users to dynamically change the styles, per recipient, applied to any image or text object in a document (for example: Fill, Stroke and Corner, Feathering, Paragraph Style, etc.).
- Table of Content and Index capabilities. Enables variable booklet production.
Product demonstrations of uImage and the new PersonalEffect v2.5 features are available in the XMPie booth # 8635.
uImage Product Highlights:
- Automatic Image and Text Fitting. Advanced Photoshop image fitting capabilities can be applied automatically to both personalized images and personalized text.
- Cross Media application. uImage produces personalized images for print, e-mail, and Web. The user can even have Photoshop create two versions of each image file – one high resolution for digital printing and one low resolution for the Web.
- Streamlined Integration into VDP Production. As a complementary product to XMPie's VDP software, uImage can automatically integrate personalized images in real-time directly into the total VDP project print stream, in batch or on-demand.
- Advanced Logic application. Use of advanced variable logic allows automatic selection of entirely different image personalization templates for specified recipients, all within the same print stream.
uImage will be available for distribution in October. Contact XMPie for additional details on pricing and purchasing or visit www.xmpie.com.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.