Valassis Wins Five Gold Ink Awards in 18th Annual Competition
Press release from the issuing company
LIVONIA, Mich., August 8 -- Valassis, the leading company in marketing services and Connective Media(TM), has been recognized for its outstanding achievement in print with a Gold, Bronze and three Pewter Gold Ink Awards. The Gold Ink competition is North America's most prestigious print competition and is co-sponsored by Printing Impressions and PrintMedia magazines. Nearly 1,500 printed pieces across 50 categories were entered in this year's competition. Winning entries exhibited superior color quality, technical difficulty and overall visual effect.
"Receiving these awards displays our commitment to quality and efficiency. It is an honor to be distinguished among our peers for our printing excellence, especially by these highly acclaimed awards," said William F. Hogg Jr., Executive Vice President of Manufacturing and Operations. "Our employees should be proud of this distinction; it is their dedication and focus on quality that keeps our operations continually improving."
The following winners are from the company's Livonia, Mich. Anderson Printing Division (APD) and were recognized in the Newspaper Insert category:
Gold - Talbots Mens
* Chris Ciesielski of Canton, Bill Newman of Grosse Ile, Scott Klee of Howell, Yolanda Davis of Romulus and Michael Letasz of Garden City Bronze - Blimpie
* John Dixon of Livonia, Ed Leonard of Detroit, Floyd Humphrey of Detroit, Rhonda Mudry of Westland and Todd Keranen of Fenton Pewter - Holiday Inn
* Marc Parsons of Whitmore Lake, John Kasperek of Livonia, Jeff Hanson of Westland, Brad Bowman of Canton and Michael Letasz of Garden City Pewter - Renewal by Andersen
* Bob Krueger of Lyon Township, Tom Keranen of Livonia, Cullen Cacicedo of Livonia, David Chodyniecki of Howell and Milton Dallas of Detroit Pewter - Quiznos Sub
* John Dixon of Livonia, Ed Leonard of Detroit, Floyd Humphrey of Detroit, Rhonda Mudry of Westland and Todd Keranen of Fenton
Valassis will be honored at the Annual Gold Ink Award Banquet Sept. 12, 2005 at the McCormick Place in Chicago. For more information please visit http://www.goldink.com.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's go-to information source with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, WhatTheyThink Email Newsletters, and the WhatTheyThink magazine. Our mission is to inform, educate, and inspire the industry. We provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today's printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.