AVT Presents Complete Workflow Solutions For Label Printers At Labelexpo Europe 2005
Press release from the issuing company
HOD-HASHARON, ISRAEL, July 22, 2005 — Advanced Vision Technology (AVT) has established a leading reputation for 100% Automatic Inspection and Quality Assurance solutions specifically for the labels sector since its PrintVision/Helios system was launched two years ago.
AVT continues to penetrate the label printing market with a range of new solutions aimed at improving quality, cutting waste, and enabling managers to ensure effective 100% Quality Assurance.
At Labelexpo, AVT will present workflow solutions running live on its stand (#6I70) and those of several of its partners. All are proven solutions that can be installed on a wide range of presses and/or finishing equipment.
On the stand, proven products will be demonstrated alongside advanced new solutions:
- The PrintVision/Helios provides 100% label inspection for detecting typical print variations as well as missing labels, incomplete matrix removal and die cut mis-register. The PrintVision/Helios can be mounted on a press or a rewinder. At Labelexpo the device will be exhibited running on a variety of leading narrow web printing and converting equipment.
- The optional Closed Loop Inspection module that closes the automatic inspection loop compares current (live) prints to ‘good copy masters’ from sources including prepress PDF files, approved copies, or previous jobs. Benefits of the closed loop module include faster verification of running jobs during make-ready, and higher quality consistency between prepress, print runs and re-runs of jobs, all of which add value for the printer.
- The optional Reflective Support module enables accurate inspection of reflective substrates.
- Another innovative and proven solution is the WorkFlow Link. This solution enables press-mounted PrintVision/Helios systems to send print quality information to the rewinder. WorkFlow Link then automatically controls the rewinder to allow efficient removal of defective material, ensuring 100% quality-assured material shipped to the customer.
- The ProoFit solution is an off-line verification tool that compares digital files to printed products and detects errors for quality assurance. ProoFit is designed to support the demanding validation workflow process of pharmaceutical label printing, and provides an approved (CFR 21 part 11) automatic tool for these purposes.
- PrintFlow Manager is a quality management solution delivering real-time production quality information directly to the print manager's office to provide full control over production quality. AVT throughout the show
Visitors to Labelexpo Europe 2005 will also be able to see AVT’s solutions on its partners’ stands:
- On the Mark Andy stand (5C10), the complete AVT press-to-rewinder workflow solution will be demonstrated live. A PrintVision/Helios will be mounted on the Mark Andy XP5000 press, while WorkFlow Link and PrintFlow Manager solutions will be integrated into the press and the VSR300 rewinder. Variations in print detected during press runs will be automatically traced on the rewinder to deliver finished product exactly to customer specifications.
- On the Rotoflex stand (5C30) visitors can see a PrintVision/Helios system mounted on a Rotoflex rewinder.
- On the A.B. Graphic International stand (6F70), a PrintVision/Helios will be running on an Omega SR 330 rewinder.
Continuing the vision
The presence at Labelexpo Europe demonstrates the continuation of AVT’s strategy of providing solutions to meet the real needs of printers. In the labels sector, AVT’s systems have very quickly established themselves as setting the standards for Automatic Inspection and Quality Assurance both in the press room and in finishing departments. At the same time, AVT is enabling managers to make informed decisions quickly and efficiently through the provision of production information to help them ensure quality for the benefit of their customers and their own business.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.