May 04, 2008 -- XChange International, the source for extended technology worldwide, are pleased to announce the release of Exportools 2.5 for QuarkXPress 7. Badia Exportools for QuarkXPress 7 automates the process of exporting individual pages, spreads or selections into separate files. High-end printers and prepress houses worldwide rely on the power, speed and flexibility of Exportools to generate high resolution output using today's printing standards: EPS, PostScript(R) and PDF. What's more, Exportools can intelligently extract all the document text, as well as export pages to image formats such as JPEG, TIFF, PNG, Photoshop, PICT.
Exportools comes with a smart name composition engine that allows users to specify variable placeholders, such as page or serial numbers, that change automatically to uniquely name each exported file. The XTension can also be configured to open each of the exported files with a post-processing application of the user's choice. For example, users can select Adobe Photoshop to open the saved EPS files; or have Microsoft Word open the pages they just exported as text. Exportools also keeps track of up to 50 recent post-processing applications used.
New to Exportools 2.5 is the ability to export selections of items. Users simply select the items in their QuarkXPress document, and Exportools will save that portion of the document to the desired format. Users can optionally specify a margin bleed, and whether or not to include the area enclosed by the selection.
Exportools 2.5 for QuarkXPress makes it easy to keep track of the exported files with the new Export Log window. This window reports in real time which files are being exported, their exact name and location, plus any errors that may occur during the output process.
What's new in Exportools 2.5 for QuarkXPress 7:
* Additional export formats including TIFF, PNG, Photoshop.
* Export Selections. Select an item or group of items in the document and export as any of the Exportools formats.
* Optional bleed margin and area inclusion.
* Export Log. A new window detailing the export process in real time allows users to open destination folder, the resulting files, or go back to the main Exportools window. Reports any errors or warnings that may occur during the output process.
* Option to restart serial numbers in each export session.
* Ability to specify resolution and page transparency when exporting as picture.
* Ability to specify Default Application in the Post-Processing area.
* Redesigned user interface. Easier management of pages/spreads output and export formats.
Exportools 2.5 is Universal Binary and requires QuarkXPress 7 and Mac OS X Tiger (10.4.2 or later) or Leopard (10.5.x). Older versions of Exportools also support QuarkXPress 4â€"6, as well as Mac OS 9.0.
Exportools is available now through XChange International. The upgrade is available at no cost to users of version 2.0. To order, or for more information, users can visit their website, or call on +44(0)20 7490 4455 during UK business hours.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.