KPG Showcases Digital Solutions To Enhance Print Production Workflows At Annual Catalog Conference
Press release from the issuing company
Norwalk, Connecticut, USA — Kodak Polychrome Graphics (KPG) offers digital solutions for improving print production workflows at this year’s Annual Catalog Conference, May 23 – 25, at Orlando’s Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center. Catalog, Internet and multi-channel professionals interested in reducing cycle times while optimizing color control across media can visit the KPG booth (#1108) to learn more about the latest in proofing and short run color printing solutions.
“In today’s demanding publishing industry, KPG understands the importance of producing jobs at a faster rate with outstanding color control,” said Michele Laird-Williams, Director, Print Media Group, KPG. “Our approach is to provide our current and potential customers with the latest technology and solutions to help them reach their business goals through a streamlined workflow.”
Several KPG proofing and short run color solutions will be on display at the Annual Catalog Conference, including:
- The KODAK APPROVAL NX Digital Color Proofing System. Using the latest in thermal imaging technology, the KODAK APPROVAL NX Digital Color Proofing System produces one of the industry’s most versatile and accurate digital halftone proofs. Featuring Rapid Recipe Color technology, it can accurately produce millions of spot colors faster than the current industry standard.
- The MATCHPRINT ProofPro RIP Version 1.0 with the EPSON 7600 printer. The MATCHPRINT ProofPro RIP v1.0 offers compatibility with the most recent PDF file formats as well as improved efficiency through the workflow. The MATCHPRINT ProofPro RIP provides faster and more accurate linearization through the new MATCHPRINT Calibrator System based on colorimetric data. This easy to use linearization wizard provides customers with the improved gray balance and overall more control and accuracy. In addition to the EPSON 7600 printer, the RIP supports additional EPSON inkjet printers, as well as new devices from Canon and HP.
- The MATCHPRINT Virtual Proofing System – LCD. This solution combines the convenience of proofing from a desktop computer, the color and accuracy of the MATCHPRINT Virtual Proofing System and the productivity and collaboration tools of the www.matchprintvirtual.com gateway. The MATCHPRINT Virtual Proofing System – LCD uses high end flat panel displays to simplify installation requirements and enable personal proofing. The system consists of an LCD monitor that is certified for use with the MATCHPRINT Virtual Proofing System, MATCHPRINT Virtual Proofing Monitor Software, a MATCHPRINT Virtual Monitor Calibrator and the full suite of the REALTIMEPROOF web based proofing tools.
- REALTIMEPROOF Software. REALTIMEPROOF v5.0 provides a new “multiple-view” and “compare” feature set, allowing simultaneous streaming, viewing, collaboration on, annotation and comparison of file versions in high resolution. The “compare” function efficiently highlights any type of version difference, whether text or color related. REALTIMEPROOF v5.0 is available for both the ASP and client/server configurations of REALTIMEPROOF solutions.
- DIRECTPRESS 5634 DI System. The DIRECTPRESS 5634 DI System combines industry leading image quality with the simplicity and automation of a DI Press. The DIRECTPRESS 5634 DI System supports 16-micron spot diameters for FM stochastic screening and also prints in high line AM and hybrid screening. Direct imaging (DI) presses integrate laser imaged, direct digital plates within the press to streamline conventional offset prepress operations. These presses feature top offset quality printing, fast job changeover and short makeready times.
- KODAK NEXPRESS 2100 Digital Production Color Press. The KODAK NEXPRESS 2100 digital production color press is a high volume press that meets the growing need for fast turnaround, short run color work, as well as variable data print applications associated with one to one marketing applications. The KODAK NEXPRESS fifth imaging unit solution further expands the press’s available color gamut, enabling applications that require inline integration of specific PANTONE colors.
- CANON 5100 Series Printers. The CANON CLC 5100 Printer is a high volume, full color digital printing solution designed to meet professional grade workflow demands. Featuring new delivery and fixing unit systems plus advanced internal color management technology for overall system efficiency, the CANON CLC 5100 Printer improves production turnaround times and increases color consistency.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.