May 3, 2005 -- ECRM Imaging Systems launches a new version of its highly successful CtServer software, the next generation of the ECRM TIFF Server application.
The new CtServer (version 5.3) is a Windows-based software application, capable of accepting industry standard 1-bit TIFF files.
Peter Wilkens, VP Worldwide Marketing at ECRM, comments, “CtServer 5.3 is an enhanced version of an already proven software application. Automated operation, remote monitoring and image manipulation are just a few of the features that work to eliminate time consuming steps in prepress.”
By controlling all aspects of the output and media handling of the device, CtServer 5.3 enables workflow and RIP software to operate in a highly efficient manner.
CtServer 5.3 provides users with a number of new capabilities and improvements. ECRM is pleased to offer these features in version 5.3:
• Password required for upgrades – beginning with version 5.3, a password will be required to run the new versions. (A dongle swap program will be implemented for versions prior to version 5.0).
• Upgrade option when installing CtServer – previous version does not need to be uninstalled prior to upgrade. All property sets, jobs, exposure settings, marks files, media definitions, punch settings, set up selections and window selections can be saved through upgrade option.
• Cancel button on View and Preview – enables view or preview to be cancelled
• Ability to select a Property Set, browse to a TIFF file and submit it to be imaged
• Improved remote CtServer browsing – capable of browsing by computer name
• Separate demonstration application – enables the use of CtServer and CtServer Professional features for training or evaluation purposes.
• Increased (three digit) job keep count before automatic deletion
• User interface improvements, including 0°, 90°, 180°, 270° Rotation, Mirror, Flip Horizontal and Flip Vertical
• Ability to accept TIFF files deposited into remote drop folders
Peter concludes, “This latest version of CtServer software has been launched concurrently with the NEWSmatic 250 CTP device. Version 5.3 provides full control over all of our imaging devices and is the next step in an ongoing effort to provide a complete prepress solution to all of our customers.”
ECRM Imaging Systems is the industry leader in high value, violet CTP imaging systems - both semi-automated and automated for less than the cost of an imagesetter. We offer a broad range of prepress solutions to support more than 25,000 imagesetters and platesetters worldwide. For 35 years, ECRM has provided customers with affordability, reliability and simplicity in all of our commercial, news, and workflow products. Today, we continue to facilitate the easiest transition from CTF to CTP imaging systems, offering high quality violet platesetters with the lowest cost of ownership in the industry.
For additional information, call 978 851 0207 or visit www.ecrm.com.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.