Muller Martini to demonstrate print finishing solutions in-line at Orlando Graphics 2005
Press release from the issuing company
Orlando, Florida – Perhaps the best way to judge anything is to see it for yourself. Muller Martini, the leading producer of print finishing solutions, is giving the industry an opportunity to do just that at this year’s Orlando Graphics show, April 1-3, 2005, being held at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, FL.
By visiting the Muller Martini exhibit (#215), show attendees will see an entire perfect binding solution in action as the company will be demonstrating all-in-line its AmigoPlus perfect binding system, its SigmaTower cooling station, and its Esprit three-knife trimmer. Also being showcased as part of the exhibit will be the Presto saddle stitcher.
“Many printers and binders may not be fully aware of all the impressive capabilities that our finishing equipment can provide,” says Werner Naegeli, President and CEO of Muller Martini Corp. “Speed, efficiency and the ability to dramatically improve productivity, plus the possibilities for expanding the scope of their businesses, are all part of the equation with this equipment. We invite the industry to see our innovative technology first hand...up and running...at our exhibit during Orlando Graphics 2005.”
The affordably priced Muller Martini AmigoPlus may be the world’s most productive perfect binding solution. AmigoPlus is designed for high quality adhesive binding of books, catalogs, annual reports and more. It’s also a great way for companies to enter the fast growing book-on-demand market. Among the features and benefits of the AmigoPlus perfect binding system are:
• Very quick set up and changeover, a key to success in the short- and medium-run marketplace.
• Menu-guided controls to simplify makeready and minimize supervision requirements.
• Variable speed from 300 to 1,500 cycles per hour.
• Bottom feeding cover feeder with four-line scoring to deliver crisp results.
• Precise glue application and true side gluing for exceptional binding durability.
• Exclusive backbone preparation tools to assure unsurpassed binding strength even when running coated stock and with heavy ink coverage; enabling short-run operators to achieve commercial quality previously possible only on large perfect binders.
• Heavy-duty nipping, ensuring accurate cover positioning and tight, square backbones.
The Muller Martini Esprit three-knife trimmer is the ideal complement for perfect binding systems. The cost-effective and versatile Esprit trimmer can handle an extensive array of trimming needs. Among the features and benefits of the Esprit trimmer are:
• Uncompromised quality, even with thick and stack-trimmed products.
• Automatic, motorized makeready system to reduce changeover times.
• Touchscreen controls for ergonomic operation and rapid fault diagnosis; control system can store up to 50 orders for instant call-up.
• Motorized infeed from the left or right.
• Spines-first book infeed to prevent the lifting up of endsheets and covers.
• Quick change knife cassettes in most varied formats.
The Muller Martini SigmaTower is a compact cooling tower which ensures that perfect bound books and adhesives are optimally cooled. SigmaTower is part of the Muller Martini SigmaLine, the fully integrated commercial-quality solution for book-on-demand production.
The automated, economical Muller Martini Presto saddle stitcher performs at 9,000 c/hr. and offers the versatility to stitch a wide range of products in many different sizes. Features and benefits of the Presto stitcher include:
• Menu guided PLC controls for fast, user-friendly setup and rapid changeovers.
• High/low folio, gripper and suction opening for smooth, trouble-free operation.
• Flying stitching heads, without stop and go motion, to assure precise stitching and less wear; caliper and missing stitch detector to assure perfect-quality products.
• Operates in 1:1 or 1:2 modes, providing ability to handle a broad variety of signatures.
Visitors to the Orlando Graphics show are urged to stop by the Muller Martini exhibit (#215) and view in-line demonstrations of the AmigoPlus perfect binder, Esprit three-knife trimmer and SigmaTower cooling tower as well as see the Presto saddle stitcher. Muller Martini experts will also be available throughout the show to discuss the many ways that these finishing technologies and others can help printers and binding companies improve speed and efficiency while expanding profit potential.
Orlando Graphics 2005 runs from April 1-3 at the Orange County Convention Center.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.