Agfa to Demonstrate Workflow and CtP Plate Technologies at NEXPO
Press release from the issuing company
April 10, 2008 -- Agfa Graphics will be showing its latest in :Arkitex workflow and CtP plate technology at NEXPO 2008, being held at the Washington Convention Center in Washington, DC, beginning Saturday, April 12, running through Tuesday, April 15.
At NEXPO, Agfa will be showing its line of industry-leading plates and innovative workflow solutions including:
* Full-line of leading violet plates including :N92-V (North America debut), Agfa's next-generation violet laser plate with improved run lengths and superior performance on press;
* :N92-VCF, the new chemistry-free digital plate for violet platesetters that eliminates all processing variables and offers both consistent and predictable results;
* :Arkitex 6.0 workflow that features enhancements such as integration with industry-leading pre-flight systems to enable automatic PDF page checking, and early notification of technical issues;
* :Arkitex Vantage (worldwide debut) a new :Arkitex module that provides a single view of single or multiple :Arkitex workflow systems and their components. It provides a vantage point to monitor pre-press production lines, and as a starting point for remote support interventions with instant feedback on overall system health;
* :Arkitex Analyst (worldwide debut) a new :Arkitex module that provides enterprise-wide Tracking and Report Server to provide both real-time tracking information and post-production reports encompassing an entire newspaper production cycle;
* :Arkitex OptiInk, a software module that reduces ink costs up to 30% while improving performance.
"Agfa Graphics is dedicated to providing newspaper publishers with the innovative products and prepress tools they need for a healthy bottom line and a superior printed product that their customers and advertisers demand," said Sheila Nysko, Agfa's business development director, Newspaper Systems, North America. "Our presentation at NEXPO 2008 will highlight Agfa's commitment to the newspaper industry through our demonstration of advanced workflow tools that help newspapers to stay ahead."
All NEXPO attendees are invited to come to the Agfa booth (#2110) to see these and other new products and services for newspaper prepress.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.