STAMFORD, Conn.--Dec. 8, 2004-- Xerox Corporation's board of directors today elected the following executives to the additional post of corporate vice president:
* Quincy L. Allen is president, Xerox Production Systems Group, responsible for the company's systems, software and service offerings for the graphic communications industry including production publishing, transaction printing and enterprise-wide printing. Since joining Xerox as an electrical engineer in 1982, Allen, 44, has held senior technical and management positions in sales, customer service, supply chain, marketing and product development.
* Stephen Cronin is chief of staff for Xerox's developing markets operations, overseeing marketing, operational and personnel activities for the 120 countries that represent emerging market opportunities. Cronin, 50, joined Xerox in 1989 in the company's European operations. He has held a series of general manager, human resources and business development positions including director of group resources for Xerox Europe and managing director of Xerox's business in the United Kingdom and Ireland.
* Kathleen Fanning joins Xerox on Jan. 17, 2005, as vice president, tax. She comes to Xerox from General Electric, where she has been global tax director for GE Real Estate. Prior to joining GE in 1992, Fanning was manager of international tax at Deloitte & Touche. A certified public accountant, Fanning, 43, will oversee all aspects of the corporation's tax-related compliance, planning and reporting.
* David Cameron Hyde is senior vice president, Xerox North American Agents Operations, responsible for the 600 independent businesses that serve as Xerox Authorized Agents and their 2,500 representatives who sell the complete line of Xerox offerings primarily to small- and medium-sized businesses. Hyde joined Xerox in 1975 as a sales representative in Edmonton, Alberta. Since then he has held a wide variety of sales and marketing positions including president and chief executive officer of Xerox Canada.
* Ivy Thomas McKinney is deputy general counsel for Xerox, directing certain aspects of Xerox's legal operations including senior-level legal counsel and litigation. McKinney, 48, joined Xerox in 1984 and has held a number of increasingly responsible positions in the Office of General Counsel, including associate general counsel for litigation, human resources and business services.
The board of directors also elected J. Michael Farren to the additional post of corporate secretary. Farren, 52, is a corporate vice president, head of Xerox's external and legal affairs and the corporation's general counsel. He assumes the corporate secretary role from Leslie F. Varon, who was recently named vice president, finance and operational support for Xerox North America.
With the exception of Fanning's appointment, which is effective Jan. 17, all of today's Board actions are effective immediately.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.