Quickcut set to launch new digital advertising validation and delivery systems at IFRA Expo
Press release from the issuing company
London; September 22, 2004 – Quickcut LLC, the world’s leading provider of digital advertising workflow solutions, will use the international newspaper industry’s premier IfraExpo 2004 exposition taking place October 11-14 in Amsterdam to launch two new production tools for ad agencies, publishers and printers that push the boundaries of automated workflow validation and delivery, and also to demonstrate its full suite of modular digital advertising workflow products in Stand 1164.
The first new product to be launched, Quickcut DIRECT is an integrated PDF validation and transmission solution that checks and validate advertisers’ finished PDF job files as matching the requirements sourced directly from Quickcut's dynamic specifications database. Validated files can then be delivered to the target publication or printer with a single mouse click. Publisher or printing firm destination details are embedded into the PDF file automatically along with other media instructions controlling delivery, ensuring that key production information arrives with the job.
Quickcut also will unveil QuickCheck, a ready-to-use browser-based file validation and delivery solution that will be available as either a Quickcut service or a customized publisher-branded service. Ideal for the occasional advertiser who tends to email ad copy, this new facility will incorporate a useful reporting functionality that enables advertisers to track their copy, choose publications, sections and ad sizes, plus validate all files for accuracy against target destination specifications. Approved files are automatically delivered to the publisher's or printer's production department.
"These new solutions will complement our product range by providing entry-level advertising workflow services for publishers and advertisers. With them, we will provide a choice of services for all users, from high volume shops right down to the occasional advertiser," says Joe Jarrett, CEO of Quickcut Europe. "Quickcut DIRECT and QuickCheck, along with more new products on the horizon, have been developed in association with the world's leading agencies and publishers to push the boundaries of automated workflow validation and delivery."
Also at IFRA, Quickcut will demonstrate its current full suite of modular digital advertising workflow products, including:
• PageStore, for sending and receiving artwork to/from magazines, newspapers and printers, integrating seamlessly into any creative, media or production workflow;
• QuickPrint, a file encapsulation application that checks files (QuarkXPress, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe PageMaker and Macromedia Freehand) and creates a file that adheres exactly to the specifications of the publishers or printer its destined for;
• Spec Manager, an online and dynamic database of mechanical publishing specifications;
• Quickcut ICC, a comprehensive color management tool capable of soft proofing and embedding the selected profile for viewed by the recipient. Quickcut ICC helps to achieve publication-perfect color on proofs using an internationally compiled ICC profile library; and
• QuickPrint PDF+, a standalone, application-independent tool that checks every element in every layer of a PDF to ensure it meets the specification of the target publisher or printer.
• Q-Automate, a modular workflow management tool enabling users to customize and integrate Quickcut and third party software to meet specific workflow needs in streamlining the production process.
Quickcut is the world’s leading provider of digital advertising workflow solutions, with more than 5,000 companies comprising its broad international client base, and the company’s flagship PageStore product is widely used by advertisers, agencies and trade shops to send finished ads directly to publishers or printers around the world. In 2003 alone, more than 1.5 million files totaling more than 18 million square feet of print advertising space were carried through the Quickcut PageStore network globally. Additional Quickcut products rely on proven technology to ensure a range of prepress job files will be properly prepared, color-managed, delivered and validated according to publishing and print specifications -- saving time and resources on both ends. Headquartered in Sydney, Australia, Quickcut LLC has offices and Licensees around the globe, in Australia, Germany, India, Ireland, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, South Africa, United Kingdom, and the United States. More information about Quickcut is available at www.quickcut.com
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.