Ultimate releases Impostrip 7.2 for Mac OS X Panther and Windows XP, 2000
Press release from the issuing company
Montreal, Canada, September 15th 2004 Ultimate Technographics Inc, the leading imposition software developer and the inventor of digital imposition, is pleased to announce the release of Impostrip 7.2, free upgrade to Impostrip 7.x and Impostrip Solo 7.x customers. The Impostrip 7.2 release includes multiple feature enhancements, updated PS filters and fixes, and a fully interactive color bar editor that allows for the creation and editing of color bars directly within the Impostrip application. Impostrip was the first imposition software for OS X.
Impostrip 7.2 additional new features and enhancements include:
• Fully interactive color bar creator and editor lets you create any custom CMYK color bar with up to 4 spot colors and textures, providing for shorter press set up and more accurate color printing on any presses
• Full corss platform client-server workflow, including Mac OS X clients and Mac OS X server or Windows server
• Increased performance and speed of RIP and print engine, leveraging multitasking in Mac OS X Panther 10.3 (10.3 is new minimum Mac System requirement)
• Multiple files now supported in Mac OS X hot folder workflow
• Most recent plate size and sheet size kept in Impostrip drop down menus speed template building
• Enhanced CIP 4 JDF file format and workflow support in Impostrip including support for separated and composite PS and PDF workflows that has been certified by many CIP4 members
• Expanded support and fixes for several updated/upgraded design and publishing applications, including Adobe Acrobat 6, InDesign 3 CS and Illustrator 11 CS and many other new applications
• New and updated Mac OS X Impostrip QuickStart manual
David Watson, President and CEO Ultimate Technographics, “Impostrip leads the imposition pack because we’ve never rested on our laurels of being the industry innovator, Impostrip always evolves to meet the new and evolving challenges of printers – from working with new operating systems like OS X, to complex workflow systems, including Apogee, to integrating into new workflow standards like JDF enabled workflows.” He continues “Our customer’s have one interest in Impostrip, using it to pump out the maximum amount of plates every day, each in register and everyone press ready – Impostrip always delivers.”
Richard Robinson, Prepress Specialist at Trabon Printing in (Which state?) was a beta tester of the new Impostrip 7.2 , working with a new Komori Lithrone S40 with PDC-S closed-loop scanning Spectrophotometer Richard says about Impostrip 7.2 “This version allowed us to create our own colorbars to match those that Komori had supplied us. The Komori service people explained that others have tried but none of the other shops created a bar that worked, only the one supplied by Komori would work. The first test job that we ran using the color bar created within Impostrip was read by the PDC-S Spectrophotometer without a problem, and according to the Komori tech rep, this was the first time he had seen a colorbar work that was created and not supplied by them. We are now back to where we were before the purchase of this new press, impositioning 3-4 times faster than doing it manually, saving time and money. We currently run all are files through Artwork Systems Nexus and use a low-res link to import into Ultimate’s Impostrip. The impo file then is sent back through Nexus to pick-up the hi-res file for plates.”
Impostrip 7.2, and Solo 7.2 are free updates for supported Impostrip 7.x and Impostrip Solo 7.x customers. Upgrades from previous versions of Impostrip start at US $995/800 Euros
All Impostrip features are available in Impostrip Solo with the EXCEPTION of JDF and CIP4 file support.
See Ultimate at GraphExpo, located in both 5466
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.