Winners Announced in GPA's Annual Printed Sample Contest
Press release from the issuing company
Chicago, IL - GPA announces its winners in their annual Printed Sample Contest. For the third year in a row, printers across the country competed in six categories for Best of Category, and from those, one was selected as Best of Show.
For a printed piece to be eligible, it must be from an actual job or promotion and printed by a GPA customer on a qualified GPA substrate. This year, judges received over 100 submissions. Contest winners received a prize along with a framed copy of the winning entry. The different categories and this year's winners are for Best of Category are:
- Ultra Film Pressure Sensitive Films - Getz Color Graphics of Lenaxa, KS with "Rub It!" two-way retail signage
- Ultra Bak Plus Pressure Sensitive Papers - Print 2000 of Monterey Park, CA with a Marilyn Monroe retail sticker/postcard
- Ultra Film Non-Adhesive Films - Graphic Arts Color of Pittsburgh, PA with a popcorn bag for American Eagle's rollout party
- Ultra Digital Pressure Sensitive Papers - Triangle Printers of Skokie, IL with Caffe Sonora coffee labels
- Ultra Digital Films - Digital Ink of Long Island City, NY with promotional signage featuring the Brooklyn Dodgers
- Ultra Digital Papers - Raff Printing of Pittsburgh, PA with their open house self-promotion piece
Raff Printing won Best of Show for their unique piece featuring an interactive spinning wheel on the folder front, and an assortment of digital substrates in action inside. It also took home the Gold Award for Printing Impression's Annual Gold Ink Awards in the Digital Printing category.
GPA's Printed Sample Contest is a great opportunity for printers to showcase their best work. Each year the competition grows bigger and better, yielding new and innovative examples of the opportunities available with GPA substrates.
For more information on GPA or the products it offers, visit www.askgpa.com or contact GPA Customer Service at 800-395-9000.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.