KONICA Minolta Showcases its Color and Monochrome Quick Printing
Press release from the issuing company
RAMSEY, N.J., Sept. 8 -- Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A., Inc. (Konica Minolta) announced its participation in The 27th Annual Sir Speedy and PIP Printing International Vendor Show, which took place at the Long Beach Convention Center in Long Beach, Calif., August 19-20. While at the show, Konica Minolta highlighted its color and monochrome production printing solutions, office color imaging systems, as well as its scanning and imaging solutions and variable data software to franchise owners from around the world.
"Konica Minolta's products are widely used throughout our franchise network. Having them at our vendor show showing their latest products and establishing relationships with our franchise owners is extremely valuable to our network," said John McNew, manager of vendor relations, Franchise Services, Inc., the parent company of the Sir Speedy and PIP Printing & Document Services brands.
Specifically, Konica Minolta showcased:
* Color Production Printing -- the 50ppm 8050, with the IP-901 Fiery(R) print controller, demonstrating its comprehensive production and graphic arts offerings, including Fiery DocBuilder Pro(TM), the Fiery Graphic Arts Package and EFI Color Profiler
* Office Color Workgroup Systems -- the bizhub C350, which offers print/copy speeds of 35ppm B&W and 22ppm color and a standard built-in PCL print controller, displaying its networking, advanced scanning capabilities, and PageScope network and document management tools
* Color Imaging Systems and Scanning -- the 8031, a 31ppm color imaging system, showcasing its flexible network scanning features such as Scan-to-Email, Scan-to-FTP, Scan-to-PC and Scan-to-HDD, as well as Atlas PrintShop Mail's variable data software tool for integrating personalized information from a database into a document
* B&W Production Printing -- the high-volume 7085 Production Printing System, featuring the IP-602 print controller, demonstrating its saddle-stitched booklet making, post-sheet insertion, and z-folding finishing capabilities. In addition, the 72ppm 7272 Departmental Document System, with the IP-511 print controller, was featured displaying its 70 originals per minute (opm) scanning functionality and its booklet maker finishing option with standard 8-position stapling and saddle-stitched booklet making of up to 80-page booklets.
* Scanning and Imaging Solutions -- Konica Minolta's unitySuite(TM), featuring three scanning and imaging solutions -- Konica Minolta's Scantrip(TM), and ScanSoft's PaperPort(R) Pro 9 Office and OmniPage(R) Pro 12 Office -- that assist with a business' process needs
"The Sir Speedy and PIP International Vendor Show is a top-caliber, industry event that enables Konica Minolta to showcase our groundbreaking print-on-demand devices and software solutions to the world's largest franchise organization," said William H. Brewster, Jr., vice president, marketing, Konica Minolta Business Solutions, U.S.A., Inc. "During the show, we were able to capture the attention of franchise owners with the advanced functionality of our color and monochrome products and our document management software. We were able to hold their attention by demonstrating how our technology can directly impact the bottom line of their quick-printing businesses."
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.