PARAMUS, N.J., SEPTEMBER 7, 2004 – Visitors to the National Association for Printing Leadership (NAPL) booth at Graph Expo ‘04 will be educated, entertained, and informed through a dynamic slate of speakers, authors, and on-site experts, as well access to NAPL’s comprehensive portfolio of books and other resources. Through this comprehensive offering, NAPL Booth 2647 will reflect the renewed sense of industry optimism and unprecedented opportunity expected to characterize this year’s show. Some highlights:
Informative speakers. The NAPL booth will be the forum for knowledgeable presentations by industry experts on issues of concern to graphic communications companies. Check Booth 2647 for a schedule of the presentations, which include:
• Peter Ebner. This printing sales guru will share proven strategies and tactics to boost sales performance.
• Howard “Howie” Fenton, NAPL senior consultant, Digital Technologies, will provide insights into how to survive—and thrive—in the digital revolution that’s transforming the industry.
• Dick Vinocur, long-time industry observer, will discuss sales and marketing strategies for the “new” printing industry.
• John Hyde, NAPL managing director, Consulting Services, will address “How Owners Can Avoid the Three Deadly Mistakes in Considering New Equipment.”
Noted authors. Authors of many of NAPL’s latest publications will be available to sign their books and chat with visitors, including:
• Gary Cone, vice president of Litho Craft, Inc., Seattle, and author of Price Doesn’t Count (Sunday, Oct. 10, 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.).
• Mark Evans, vice president of Technology and Business Development for Johns Byrne, Chicago-based graphic communications company, and co-author of Cross Media Cookbook: A Start-Up Primer (Monday, Oct. 11, 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.).
• David Dodd, principal of Point Balance, LLC, Madison, Tenn.-based consultancy, and co-author of Activity-Based Costing at CMYK Communications, Activity-Based Costing: Making It Work for Small and Mid-Sized Companies, and Making Value Added Service Work (Monday, Oct. 11, 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.).
• Chuck Gehman, director of Product Marketing for EFI, Inc., Foster City, Calif., and author of Understanding Information Technology for Print Managers, Print Production Workflow, and the soon-to-be-released, CIM 1 – Computer Integrated Manufacturing (Tuesday, Oct. 12, 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.).
• Laura Gale, partner with Venture 10, Chicago, and Tom DeFino, vice president and partner, Chicago-based Tukaiz, LLC, co-authors of Cross Media Cookbook: A Start-up Primer (Tuesday, Oct. 12, 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.).
Business-building resources. Dean D’Ambrosi, NAPL senior director of Member Relations, and other members of the NAPL staff will be on hand to guide visitors to the NAPL products, resources, and services that best meet their needs and help them enhance the sales and profit performance of their businesses. NAPL resources support every aspect of running a successful graphic communications company, including Sales, Marketing, Human Resources, Production, Technology, and Executive and Financial Management.
The offerings at Booth 2647 reflect NAPL’s commitment to helping attendees of Graph Expo ’04 have a rewarding and productive show experience.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.