VALHALLA, N.Y. (Aug. 31, 2004) – Continuing its strong tradition of color proofing, Fujifilm is opening an entirely new world of color for its FINALPROOF digital proofing system. Fuji Photo Film Co., Ltd. debuted the new system – FINALPROOF GxT – for the commercial, publishing and packaging markets at Drupa 2004 and will introduce it to the U.S. market at Graph Expo 2004 later this year.
The FINALPROOF GXT system offers a number of unique features in response to the growing demand for the expanded color capability and versatility in proofing substrates based on the highly successful FINALPROOF 5600 proofer.
“FinalProof GxT gives all users in various print industry applications a new choice in consistent, calibrated extended color proofing output,” explains Don Schroeder, group manager, color proofing and flexography. “Versatility to numerous substrates will also allow for better simulation before going to press.”
The new FINALPROOF GxT system represents a quantum leap in color output capability and includes these features:
- Contract quality true halftone dot, pigment-based digital proof
- Fujifilm’s exclusive Thin Layer Thermal Transfer technology allows for higher resolution proofing
- Pigment donors for excellent proof-to-press matching
- New white and silver metallic donors
- Special color donors, including orange, red, blue and green
- Precise color matching, thanks to Fujifilm’s Image Intelligence? technology
- Spot color simulation, using CMYK plus spot color donors to extend the gamut
- 6-color and 8-color donor libraries
- Lamination to actual printing stock
- Density control now allowing a pigment-based proof to fit into more proofing applications
The FINALPROOF GxT inherits all of the excellent reproduction qualities of the current FINALPROOF, but now extends its functionality to other applications with the same proven track record. The Fujifilm FINALPROOF GxT is also capable of utilizing Fujiflm’s Co-Res Screening.
Like its predecessor, FINALPROOF GxT employs Fujifilm’s patented Thin Layer Thermal Transfer technology as well as the same CMYK pigmentsallowing for automated, calibrated proofs day after day, week after week and month after month.
For more information on the new Fujifilm FINALPROOF GxT digital proofing system, please visit www.enovationgraphics.com.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.