Konica Minolta Showcases Solutions at Minuteman Press International Expo
Press release from the issuing company
RAMSEY, N.J., Aug. 16 -- Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A., Inc. today announced its participation in the invitation-only Minuteman Press International World Expo 2004, which took place at The Hilton Chicago Hotel, from August 4th-6th. While at the show, Konica Minolta highlighted its color and monochrome production printing solutions, office color imaging systems, as well as its forms, variable data and document enhancing software to Minuteman Press' more than 850 Full Service Printing Center franchises.
"We at Minuteman Press are very happy with our decision to endorse Konica Minolta as a choice vendor. This new relationship with Konica Minolta has generated much excitement throughout our franchise system for a very simple reason -- Konica Minolta has proven that it has machines that repeatedly produce quality output, plus it has the services to back them up," said Michael Jutt, executive vice president, Minuteman Press International. "They will help keep our franchise owners moving forward with their business growth and development."
Specifically, Konica Minolta showcased:
* Color Production Printing - the 50ppm 8050, with the IP-901 Fiery(R) print controller, demonstrating its comprehensive production and graphic arts offerings, including Fiery DocBuilder Pro(TM), the Fiery Graphic Arts Package and EFI Color Profiler
* Office Color Workgroup Systems - the bizhub C350, which offers print/copy speeds of 35ppm B&W and 22ppm color and a standard built-in PCL print controller, displaying its networking, advanced scanning capabilities, and PageScope network and document management tools
* Color Imaging Systems and Scanning - the 8031, a 31ppm color imaging system, showcasing its flexible network scanning features such as Scan-to-Email, Scan-to-FTP, Scan-to-PC and Scan-to-HDD, as well as its saddle-stitch booklet making and punching options
* B&W Production Printing - the high-volume 7085 Production Printing System, featuring the IP-602 print controller, demonstrating its saddle-stitched booklet making, post-sheet insertion, and z-folding finishing capabilities
* Forms and Variable Data Solutions - Objectif Lune PlanetPress(R) printer-centric electronic forms solution for variable data printing and output management, and Atlas PrintShop Mail's variable data software tool for integrating personalized information from a database into a document
* Document Enhancing Software - ScanSoft's efficient and cost-effective productivity applications -- PaperPort(R) Pro 9 Office and OmniPage(R) Pro 12 Office -- will be highlighted. PaperPort(R) Pro 9 Office delivers the ability to create PDF files and perform local and network scanning, as well as document scanning. OmniPage(R) Pro 12 Office OCR software delivers accurate and precise document conversion, enabling users to convert, edit, process and share paper and PDF documents.
"It is an honor to have been invited to participate in Minuteman Press International's World Expo," said William H. Brewster, Jr., vice president, marketing, Konica Minolta Business Solutions, U.S.A., Inc. "The show was a great opportunity to demonstrate how our breakthrough print-on-demand devices and software solutions can assist Minuteman Press' franchise owners in meeting their customers' ever-changing printing and graphics needs. The show exceeded our expectations from both the business relationship and business generated perspectives."
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.