Alexandria, VA (July 8, 2003) -- IDEAlliance and Raine Consulting are co-sponsoring a new executive series entitled Lean Leadership in Print Media. The series offers participants an overview of the "Lean Thinking" vision, concepts, and tools that have made tremendous changes in other industries. The details for the first workshop are:
"Lean Leadership in Print Media" Workshop
Wednesday, August 20, 8 a.m.
Union League of Chicago
The Executive Workshop Series is focused on bringing together executives and senior level change-enabled managers from the print media industries including agencies, content management companies, printers, publishers, and supporting technology companies. Large corporate supply chain managers and buyers will also be included.
"Pressure on profit margins has created new interest in fast-tracking elimination of waste across an entire organization and supply chain," said David Steinhardt, CEO of IDEAlliance. "Over-capacity in the market, the surge of electronic media, and the competitive pricing environment we live in today have increased the demand for proven ways to transform the business. IDEAlliance has been a leader in providing forward-looking approaches since the late 1980s, when we brought Deming to the printing industry. Lean Thinking is a methodology that can improve the competitiveness and profitability of print media."
During the day-long workshop on August 20, participants will receive:
- The most cost-effective way to gain practical insights and troubleshooting consultations.
- Holistic lean implementation education: hands-on approach on how to apply Lean Thinking in their company.
- Understanding of best practices in cost reduction and technology strategies.
- Tools and methodologies to do value-stream mapping, identify non-value added activities, and eliminate waste.
- Lean self-assessment: identifying pain points, value drivers, performance measures, and priorities.
For a full listing of workshop topics, or to register for the Chicago event, please contact David Steinhardt, IDEAlliance, 703.837.1066 or [email protected]
or Julie Brink, Raine Consulting, (630) 629-3410; or online at www.idealliance.org.