Las Vegas, NV (NEXPO Booth #122) – June 16, 2003 – Autologic, an Agfa Company, announced today the newest version of the popular :GRAFIX RIP, Version 6.0, is now available. In addition, current users are able to easily upgrade their current version to Version 6.
:GRAFIX RIP 6.0 includes:
• PDF support (PDF 1.4, PDF/X-1a: 2001 & PDF/X-3: 2002)
• Transparency handling (processing of files from InDesignTM v2.0, Adobe Illustrator v10 and Photoshop v7.0
• Color handling (HIPP is replaced by ColorPro).
About :GRAFIX RIP
The :GRAFIX RIP is a high-performance PostScript language interpreter designed to meet the demands of deadline color production. The :GRAFIX RIP accepts PDF and PostScript Level 3 input. It lets users:
• RIP consecutive pages for immediate imaging, or queued up on disk in compressed form
• Preview files on-screen using the Roam feature, permitting a last-minute check of all page elements including imposition, orientation, or a missing graphic
• Re-output a page if necessary without the need to re-RIP
• Set up and define multiple pages for each imager.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.