Lier, 7 April 2003 – Xeikon International, the world’s leading supplier of digital color production systems, today announced that it introduces version 3.6 of the Powerful IntelliStream digital front-end, the leading edge workflow solution for demanding digital printing. IntelliStream 3.6 features higher productivity and improved workflow features.
Powerful new features
IntelliStream is the Xeikon developed workflow solution for production digital colour printing. The new version 3.6 includes a range of new features, including:
• New easy to use Calibrator, allows for real-time adjustment of calibration and dotgain curves, during printing. Calibrator runs on the IntelliStream system software. True calibration curves and dotgain or transfer curves are separated and the overall standard calibration has been improved. All calibrating functions are operated through a new Calibration menu.
- Xeikon integrated a faster Adobe CPSI 3016 RIP which supports future versions of PDF, Acrobat, Illustrator, Indesign and OPI.
- Also included is an more user-friendly update version of the Impress impositioning program, including better functionality for simplex printing applications.
- It is now possible to import and use customer ICC input and output profiles for colour conversions, and the use of spot colours (e.g. white).
- New layout extensions give more tools to the operator for last minute adjustments of print settings. It is possible to create last-minute previews without the need for extra tools. Also it is easier to perform rotate & flip functions, X and Y scaling and printing transparent duplex for backlight applications.
- Screening has been improved on the new IntelliStream 3.6
• PPML (Personalized Print Mark-up Language) : the IntelliStream 3.6 has improved better management for PPML defined global objects and directly supports PPML/VDX. Xeikon today still has the most advanced implementation of the open standard for variable data printing PPML. Growing attention and support of the digital printing industry for PPML subscribes the importance and leading role of Xeikon in the development and implementation of PPML.
• Accounting functions: a set of new functions are included for reporting purposes which allow calculations based on name, sheets, dimensions, RIP-time, … etc. This is especially useful in function of inventory management, invoicing, and order planning. These functions also make remote job tracking possible and give an overview of the front-end activity at a glance.
• The IntelliStream Digital Front-end now also supports the DCP 500 S digital color press for single sided wide format applications. Unique DCP 500 S features like the variable 5th colour station are fully supported and integrated in the DFE. Also the dished cutter and related cutter marks and control strips are integrated.
• A range of Process Manager Improvements has been implemented for overall stability and data security when printing variable data.
Erik Laurijssen, Vice President software development of Xeikon International says:” IntelliStream 3.6 overall increases the ease-of-use and professional operation of the Xeikon presses. This major new release of our digital front-end system proves that Xeikon more than ever is supplying new tools and features to its customers to enable them to be even more productive and profitable.”
Platform and availability
The IntelliStream 3.6 is running on the new Compaq XW8000 platform including 2.8 GHz Dual CPU Intel processor, provided with a Gigabit Ethernet and CD/DVD Burner. It provides Windows 2000 support for both online and offline systems. Windows 2000 also supports USB devices and full support of the dual monitor video card.
This workstation performs all server, streamer, RIP and engine control functionality.
IntelliStream 3.6 comes full featured, with no expensive options. It supports the full range of Xeikon-based web-fed digital color presses.
IntelliStream 3.6 is available for all Xeikon-based digital web-fed presses world-wide through all Xeikon distribution channels.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.