January 29, 2003, Rockville, MD. IDEAL introduces IntraSCAN, workflow for WideImage. IntraSCAN is an easy-to-use wide format, job-based, network scanning software. IntraSCAN jobs are organized with folders containing document sets that can be accessed easily from any network computer using a web browser. Scanner adjustment settings are remembered in each folder individually, making size and media changes a snap. Touch screen friendly operation lets the scanner operator point and click to select scan settings. IntraSCAN increases productivity because it eliminates the need for the scanner operator to type during the scanning session while enabling the operator to preview and make scanning adjustments that are remembered for future scans.
Other features include:
- Locate, View and Print full size and full resolution color, grayscale, and monochrome scanned images on any network computer using a web browser
- Access images using index listings of scan jobs with thumbnail overviews
- Assign up to five remote workstations for scan job index data entry and edit capability
- Easily change document set order within scan jobs
- Remembers scanner settings of every scan for easy rescan using the same settings
- Output job document indexes to Microsoft Access, Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle databases, and delimited text files
- Output jobs to IntraSCAN-CD or IntraSCAN-DVD, or directly to IntraNETIX, IX-PlanRoom, IX MapCounter and IX-Document Conferencing Centers
- Output to multipage PDF and TIFF
- Batch Print
IntraSCAN is compatible with Contex manufactured scanners, including IDEAL/Contex, Vidar, and HP DesignJet copier series. IntraSCAN is compatible with touch screen and conventional displays, and is compatible with TabletPC.
"Once again, IDEAL is on the cutting edge of scanning technology with IntraSCAN," says Jay Magenheim, President of IDEAL. "Our customers asked for browser-based scanning technology that would improve their productivity and provide networking capability and IDEAL delivered."
IDEAL.com develops, markets, and supports a wide range of color and monochrome solutions for large format drawings and technical documents including operating software for scanners, intelligent raster and CAD software, document management software, and online planrooms. For more information on IntraSCAN or other IDEAL products, as well as tiff images, please contact Kathy Magenheim at 301-468-0123 ext.1230 or contact via email at [email protected]