Banta Integrated Media Releases Free Single-User Utility Bundle for QuarkXPress
Press release from the issuing company
CAMBRIDGE, Mass., January 9, 2003 - Banta Integrated Media, a leading provider of content management, publishing, and e-business software and services, has released the latest version of the Utility Bundle, a powerful suite of XTensions for QuarkXPress. The XTensions modules, now available for use with QuarkXPress versions 4.0 and 5.0, for both Windows and Macintosh platforms, provide a number of productivity-enhancing features. The first copy of the Utility Bundle is available at no charge by registering at http://www.banta-im.com/publishingsolutions.
The following XTensions modules are included in the software bundle for both Windows and Macintosh platforms:
- Font Collector -- This XTensions module collects all of the fonts required for any QuarkXPress document. It allows font data to be downloaded and embedded in EPS files created using QuarkXPress.
- Page Printer -- The Page Printer XTensions module can be used to output each page or spread of a QuarkXPress document in either PostScript or EPS format and is particularly useful for those working with a third-party imposition system or publishing PDF pages to the Web.
- Picture Placer -- This XTensions module provides an alternative to the QuarkXPress "Get Picture" feature, allowing users to import a picture and select from various positioning options. The software can import any image file supported by QuarkXPress, even if the selected image is a different file type than the original. This feature makes the product ideal for swapping out low-resolution images in an OPI workflow.
- Picture Namer -- The Picture Namer XTensions module can be used to identify each picture that has been placed in a QuarkXPress document, providing a convenient way to catalogue the images. Image names can be toggled on and off via a single menu command.
- Print Selector -- Using a unique "marquee" tool, the Print Selector XTensions module can be used to select and print (or save as EPS) any portion of a QuarkXPress document page. This unique tool saves both time and material cost by eliminating the need to print complete pages, making it ideal for document design and proofing purposes.
The Utility Bundle XTensions modules are offered through Banta Integrated Media, Publishing Solutions, formerly known as Meadows Information Systems. To view Banta's complete product listing of XTensions for QuarkXPress visit: http://www.banta-im.com/publishingsolutions.
About Banta Integrated Media
Banta Integrated Media, a subsidiary of Banta Corporation (NYSE: BN), is a leading provider of software and e-business solutions for digital content management, electronic commerce and Internet-based cross-media custom publishing. The company's primary customers include publishers, retailers, catalogers, manufacturers and other product marketing companies. More information about Banta Integrated Media is available at www.banta-im.com.
About Banta Corporation
Banta Corporation is a technology and market leader in printing and supply-chain management. Banta provides a comprehensive combination of printing and digital imaging solutions to leading publishers and direct marketers, including advanced digital content management and e-business services. Banta's global supply-chain management businesses provide a wide range of outsourcing capabilities to the world's largest technology companies. Services range from component procurement, product assembly and packaging to inventory control and global distribution.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's go-to information source with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, WhatTheyThink Email Newsletters, and the WhatTheyThink magazine. Our mission is to inform, educate, and inspire the industry. We provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today's printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.