December 20, 2002 -- (Quad/Graphics) In its 19th annual ranking of Who's Who in Printing, Printing Impressions magazine reports that Quad/Graphics is the nation's second largest printer of catalogs, topping R.R. Donnelley & Sons (No. 3) and trailing only Quebecor World (No. 1). The ranking is based on annual sales as reported by each printer for the catalog market segment.
Top 10 Catalog Printers of 2002
Company Segment Sales (in Millions)
1. Quebecor World, Montreal $1,071.00
2. Quad/Graphics, Pewaukee, WI $ 954.00
3. R.R. Donnelley & Sons, Chicago $ 794.00 *
4. Banta Corp., Menasha, WI $ 218.00
5. Arandell Corp., Menomonee Falls, WI $ 213.00
6. Perry Judd's Inc., Waterloo, WI $ 102.00
7. Spencer Press, Wells, ME $ 73.00
8. Brown Printing, Waseca, MN $ 72.00
8. Trend Offset, Los Alamitos, CA $ 72.00
10. The Dingley Press, Lisbon, ME $ 69.00
* Note: R.R. Donnelley's figures include ad inserts
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.