Quad/Graphics Debuts Smartools with 24-Hour Support Line
Press release from the issuing company
PEWAUKEE, WI - In its never-ending quest to improve around-the-clock customer service, Quad/Graphics has debuted a 24-hour telephone support line for users of its Smartools Client Web site. Now, Quad/Graphics clients can call for assistance on how to use or access their account any time of day or night simply by dialing the toll-free number 1-866-QUAD-WEB (1-866-782-3932).
"Truly, with our Smartools site, we've reset the industry as far as the terms on which printers compete," said Ron Nash, vice president of Customer Service and the executive responsible for overseeing the ongoing development of the Smartools Client Web site. "And now, with our 24/7 support line, we've made it easier for clients to conduct business any time of day or night. We're there when they're there."
Quad/Graphics' investment in the Smartools Client Web site, which launched two years ago, has produced measurable results by reducing wasted and duplicative effort, driving down costs and creating a seamless production flow, from beginning to end, which reduces cycle time.
Quad/Graphics' Smartools Client Web site is hosted in a secure environment on QG.com and gives clients access to the very same information used universally by the company 's salespeople, customer service representatives and production employees. Featured tools include, but are in no way limited to:
* Mail Seed Reports, which track in-home delivery of product for purposes of assessing the reliability of the U.S. Postal Service.
* Paper Inventory, which allows clients who supply their own paper to view information about all lots in Quad/Graphics' production facilities including receipt details, reservations and assignments to specific production jobs, as well as audited consumption.
* Paper and Postage Calculators - two project-planning tools. The paper calculator gives clients an estimate of the amount of paper needed for a project. The postage calculator gives an approximation of postal costs for a national mailing.
* Orders, which provides comprehensive information about current and future print projects, including trim size, page count, print quantity, schedule and furnished-product information.
* Product Request, which is designed for clients who frequently ship out quantities of back issues. Clients simply make the request online by filling out a form. Quad/Graphics takes care of the rest. If product is shipped via FedEx, UPS or Quad/Graphics' own Parcel/Direct, clients can track and confirm delivery using Smartools links to the companies' own Web site tracking systems.
* Furnished Product Recycle Report, which enables a client to review a detailed list of all furnished product housed in inventory at Quad/Graphics, then, with a click of a button, designate specific product to be recycled.
* DBLonline, an onscreen proofing system for viewing press-ready files for verifying content, positioning, page order (i.e., cross-over) and versioning. The technology makes it easy for clients to uphold the best practice of final file verification.
* WebADVantage, which archives ads and/or images and associated metadata for publisher pick-up and reuse (e.g., to repurpose an image for a Web site, to build Quark Xpress pages using the images as FPOs or to create book layouts with a publication-planning software like Impoze). WebADVantage is directly linked to our team of Advertising Resource Management specialists who handle everything for publishers from online processing of ad files to submitting ad inspection reports and more.
* Mail Tracking Reports, a pair of reports that allow customers to track product delivery to the U.S. Postal Service. The first report details ship date, entry point, stream, stream description, copy count, weight, scheduled arrival, actual arrival and confirmation number for each in-home range per issue. The second report includes entry point, copy count, weight, pallet count, sack count, tray count, scheduled ship date, actual ship date, confirmation number, scheduled arrival date and actual arrival date.
Pewaukee, Wis.-based Quad/Graphics (www.qg.com) has a network of print-production facilities on three continents that provides services ranging from front-end design and photography through digital imaging, printing, list management, finishing and dependable distribution for publishers, catalogers, direct mailers and others. Constant, rapid growth over the past 31 years - mostly through internal expansion - has resulted in a company with the most modern plants, equipment and capabilities in the commercial printing industry. Quad/Graphics employs 11,000 people in the United States and has annual sales of $1.8 billion.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.