Xplor International Announces New Association Board of Directors
Press release from the issuing company
TORRANCE, Calif. U.S.A. (Nov. 15, 2002) - Xplor International, the worldwide electronic document systems association, recently announced its newly elected Association Board of Directors at Xplor's 2002 closing session held Oct. 30 in Anaheim, California U.S.A.
James Shand, EDP, was named 2003 Chairman of the Board, his third consecutive term in this leadership position. Shand is the Commercial Director for edotech Limited, one of Europe's largest independent outsource service bureaux specialising in business critical customer communications based in Gloucestershire, England. Shand will continue to work closely with Xplor's newly appointed Association Board of Directors and leadership to guide the worldwide membership organization. This is the fourth time Shand has held this position. His first term began in 1987, which marked the first non-North American to be named Chairman of Xplor International. Shand has been an active member of Xplor International for over 20 years. Said Shand, "Having been involved with Xplor International since 1980, I have seen all aspects of the association, both through the success and growth as well as the difficult years. This last year has been one of challenge, and I am proud to have been the Chairman associated with a team who have pulled together, along with the volunteer leadership, to once again make Xplor a market leader. I am looking forward to working with the team in developing, from this new baseline, more of what our membership and industry requires as we all face a number of new challenges."
Other Executive Officers named by the Board include:
Vice Chairman, Johan Hooglander, EDP, ADP Nederland B.V.
Johan Hooglander has been a member on Xplor International's Association Board of Directors since 1998. Hooglander is technical director in charge of technical services, support, and research with ADP Nederland B.V., an offspring of Automatic Data Processing Inc. out of Roseland, New Jersey, one of the largest independent computer service bureaus, specializing in processing payroll for employers.
Secretary/Treasurer, Stephen D. Poe, EDP, Nautilus Solutions
Stephen D. Poe is CEO of Nautilus Solutions, a Dallas-based strategic consulting firm focusing on helping management turn technology into profits. His 20-year career includes experience in a diversity of vertical industries and technical fields.
General Manager, William J. McCalpin, EDP, Xplor International
2003 Association Board Members:
* Asia Pacific Region: Russell Thurlow, Exchequer Printing Pty. Ltd.
* Canada Region: Michael D. Monette, EDP, St. Joseph Digital Solutions
* Europe Region: Johan Hooglander, EDP, ADP Nederland B.V.
* Nordic Region: Paul Gerelle, MPI Technologies, Inc.
* United Kingdom & Ireland Region: James Shand, EDP, edotech Ltd.
* U.S. MidAtlantic Region: Paul LeTourneur, EDP, Dynamic Design Solutions
* U.S. Midwest Region: Ken Leslie, EDP, Strategic Search Consultants
* U.S. Northeast Region: Geri Del Priore, EDP, Gem Consulting Services
* U.S. Southern Region: Stephen D. Poe, EDP, Nautilus Solutions
* U.S. Western Region: Cheryl Simerson, EDP, Liberty Northwest
* Member-at-Large: Jeff Deming, Group 1 Software
* Member-at-Large: Skip Henk, EDP, Scitex Digital Printing
* Member-at-Large: Ray Simonson, CheckFree i-Solutions
* General Manager: William J. McCalpin, EDP, Xplor International
About Xplor International:
Xplor International is the worldwide association of the users and suppliers of the products and services that create, modify, and deliver customized information using a variety of document technologies.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.