Pittsburgh, Pa., November 15, 2002 — The Society of Fellows (SOF) of the Graphic Arts Technical Foundation (GATF) inducted seven new members at its recent annual meeting on November 15 in New Orleans, Louisiana. The meeting was held in conjunction with annual meetings for GATF, Print and Graphics Scholarship Foundation (PGSF) and Printing Industries of America (PIA).
Each year since its inception in 1969, the SOF honors select industry leaders who have made outstanding contributions to the progress of GATF and PGSF. "GATF depends on a large number of volunteers to guide and support its actions through its board of directors and numerous committees. Most of the inductees this year have been continuous and active supporters in this manner," said George Ryan, GATF’s executive vice president and chief operating officer.
He continued, "This year’s roster of inductees includes two past chairmen, two long-time consultants, two leaders who were instrumental in making the installation of our new web press a reality, and one major contributor of both time and funds to our scholarship efforts. We are indebted to them and grateful for all their help."
The 2002 Society of Fellows inductees are:
* Charles L. Dine, manager of corporate industrial engineering for Banta Corporation in Menasha, Wisconsin
* Raymond M. Hartman, senior vice president of manufacturing technologies for Moore Corporation in Stamford, Connecticut
* Mark G. Jorgensen, founder and chief executive officer of Impressions, Inc. in St. Paul, Minnesota
* Raymond J. Prince, senior technical consultant for GATF in Canton, South Dakota
* Ted C. Ringman, vice president of development for Print and Graphics Scholarship Foundation (PGSF), Rolling Meadows, Illinois
* Martin W. Strok, technical consultant for GATF in Florence, Kentucky
* Jerry B. Williamson, chairman of the board and chief executive officer of Williamson Printing Corporation in Dallas, Texas
To receive a free directory of the SOF members, their funded projects, and sponsored awards, phone 1-800/910-GATF, fax 412/741-2311, or e-mail [email protected]
Mail requests to GATF, 200 Deer Run Road, Sewickley, PA 15143-2600.