Thermographers Association Announces Ultimate Thermography Challenge
Press release from the issuing company
WASHINGTON, DC - - Graphic designers are invited to participate in the “Ultimate Thermography Challenge,” a design contest sponsored by the Worldwide Printing Thermographers Association.
The challenge is to create an original campaign that showcases thermography (raised printing). By using thermography, designers can add dimension and a distinct, stylish texture to designs. It also provides a unique look and feel. Contest participants can enter one or more of the following categories:
- Graphic Designers and Design Students - - Help designers understand the benefits of using thermography by showing how thermography elevates an image.
- Bridal Market - Show brides-to-be how thermography, an affordable alternative to engraving, adds class and elegance to invitations.
- General Consumer/Business Market - - Educate consumers, including the business market, about the professional look and feel of thermography.
The top three winners will receive recognition on the WPT web page, a news release and an article in the WPT newsletter plus:
- 1st place - - $500 (sponsored by Thomas/Boyd Communications)
- 2nd place - - Personalized Thermographed Stationery Package (sponsored by Checkerboard, Ltd.)
- 3rd place - - Cherry Desk Cabinet and Stationery (sponsored by Crane & Co.) The large cherry desk cabinet with special interior lift out tray holds Ecruwhite Monarch sheets and matching envelopes.
Entries must be submitted by December 30, 2002. For complete contest details, log onto www.thermographers.org and go to Designers.
Headquartered in Washington, DC WPT‚s mission is to promote and advance the art of thermography, and the use and application of the thermographic process. WPT now has 72 regular, affiliate and associate members in the United States, Europe and Australia. It includes printing thermographers ranging from small independents to major franchise chains as well as suppliers to the industry.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.