Exstream Software Announces Version 3.5 of Award-Winning Dialogue Software
Press release from the issuing company
Design Independence for the Extended Enterprise, Customized Approval Workflow, Commingling for Reduced Postage Costs and More Robust Content Management Top List of Enhancements
October 24, 2002—www.exstream.com—Exstream Software, Inc. announced today the general availability of version 3.5 of its award-winning Dialogue software for high quality, fully personalized document creation across the enterprise. Version 3.5 enhancements include two new modules—Enterprise Workflow, which allows users to design their own multi-stage approval processes, and Application Consolidator, which provides commingling of applications for reduced postal costs and advanced householding. Version 3.5 also includes enhancements for the extended enterprise, such as third-party advertisers or distributed marketing groups. With Dialogue v3.5, designers not connected to the enterprise can independently design and submit 1:1 marketing campaigns—using their own Dialogue design database—for dynamic inclusion into customer communications at run time. Other significant enhancements include: Line data support; advanced check-in/check-out and object locking; hyphenation for sixteen different languages; CMYK color output in addition to RGB; AFP and Metacode print stream analyzers, and more. Exstream will debut Dialogue v3.5 in Booth #933 at the Xplor 2002 Global Conference in Anaheim, CA, October 28-30.
Acquiring over 125 customers worldwide in less than three years, Exstream continues to take the business world by storm with its award-winning Dialogue technology for enterprise personalization. Leading-edge companies around the globe—including Merrill Lynch, Fidelity Investments, AFLAC, CIGNA, American Express, AT&T, Key Bank, Commonwealth Bank of Australia, DST Output, Regulus, Time Customer Service, Federated Department Stores, Bouygues Telecom in France, and other heavy hitters—are using Dialogue and benefiting from dramatic improvements in time to market, increased customer satisfaction and as much as eighty percent in cost reductions.
“Dialogue v3.5 will significantly benefit corporations and service companies with distributed content design and development, customized workflow, advanced color printing, and a number of new features to further improve productivity and performance,” said Davis Marksbury, president and CEO of Exstream Software. “The extended enterprise enhancements will allow service companies to offer customers more control over document content design, and corporations will be able to outsource different parts of the workflow without compromising business objectives. We believe these enhancements have the potential to change the outsourcing model currently used by many production print services companies.”
Benefits companies will receive with Dialogue v3.5 include:
* Customized Approval Workflow—create user-defined workflow approval processes, including both parallel-path and serial routing; as many approving groups per level as desired; custom naming of approval states; reject management; and the ability to review detailed tracking information.
* Application Consolidator—commingling output from different Dialogue applications, run at different times, into one sort file for advanced householding, better postal rates, and the ability to break large runs into smaller, more manageable ones.
* Extended Enterprise Enhancements—allows third parties to independently develop marketing and other document content—using their own Dialogue design database—for dynamic inclusion in the production delivery process. Companies can include up-to-date marketing campaigns in customer communications on a frequent basis without modifying the original document design.
* More Robust Content Management
* Explicit object check-in/check out and locking so only one person can make changes at a time
* Hyphenation for sixteen languages to improve productivity and content presentment
* AFP and Metacode print stream analyzers to easily interpret structures in these complex PDLs
Other enhancements in Dialogue v3.5 include output to impact line printers, dynamic import of pages and documents into placeholder variables for fulfillment applications, 100% color fidelity of original images—such as CMYK JPEGs, improved table-in-table rendering for HTML output, and native CMYK rendering for PostScript, PDF, VPS and PPML.
About Exstream Software, Inc.:
Headquartered in Lexington, KY, Exstream Software helps businesses around the world connect with the eGeneration through higher quality, fully personalized customer communications—delivered by mail, email and the Internet. Companies in the financial services, insurance, service bureau, telecommunications, retail, and other industries benefit from reduced costs and increased revenue through improved customer retention and faster time to market.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.