Corel Ventura 10 Now Available for Professional Business Publishing
Press release from the issuing company
OTTAWA--Oct. 7, 2002--Corel Corporation today announced that Corel Ventura 10 is now available. A comprehensive page-layout and publishing application, Corel Ventura 10 provides exceptional tools designed specifically for the creation of highly-formatted and visually-rich business documents. Including new features such as XML import, Publish to PDF, and enhanced graphics support, Corel Ventura 10 is the ideal tool for business document creation.
Together with Corel XMetaL 3, Corel Ventura 10 enables enterprise customers to quickly and easily create and professionally publish XML content. The easy-to-use XMetaL interface enables anyone within an organization to create XML. Corel Ventura 10 ensures that customers can use XML content, as well as a wide variety of content formats, to create professional documentation.
"In addition to its exceptional publishing power, Corel Ventura 10 enables enterprise customers to realize the maximum value of their XML content. By its very nature, XML provides huge efficiencies for mobile and Web content creation. Corel Ventura 10 takes this one step further - delivering XML content for print," said Bruce Sharpe, executive vice-president of XML content solutions for Corel. "By providing comprehensive support for a wide variety of file formats, Corel Ventura 10 enables customers to re-use their content to create high-end, visually-rich documents."
New features and enhancements:
* XML Import: Format and publish XML content with the new XML Mapping Editor.
* Publish to PDF: Create PDF files directly from within Corel Ventura 10. Users can take advantage of advanced PDF settings for professional printing output.
* Integrated Preflight Engine: Receive valuable feedback on publications before final output with new preflight warnings and the ability to save preflight styles for common workflows such as Print, Publish to PDF and Publish to the Web.
* Enhanced Graphics Capabilities: Power documents with compelling visuals using more than 50 new bitmap effects and improved support for import and export picture file formats, including CorelDRAW 11.
* Table Tags: Use Table Tags to format multiple tables simultaneously. This enhancement takes the robust table functionality in Corel Ventura to a new level.
Corel Ventura 10 also includes:
* Corel DataBase Publisher
* Corel CAPTURE(TM) 10
* Corel Barcode Wizard
* Color User Guide
* 1,500+ TrueType and Type 1 fonts
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.