Pitney Bowes Unveils U580 For Mailers, Secure And Increases Openability
Press release from the issuing company
March 25, 2002 - Pitney Bowes Inc., the global leader in mail and document management solutions, today introduced the U580 Mail Processor specifically designed for business mailers. The U580 enables businesses to create and distribute professional, clean looking mail that can increase openability - thus generating repeat and new business. The U580 helps businesses communicate with their customers and prospects more efficiently. It also combines the perfect blend of proven technology and high output performance.
"The U580 provides highly efficient processing to improve mailroom productivity, and at the same time helps mailers control their expenses by accounting for every penny," said Tim Bates, Vice President Customer Marketing. "This will enable mailers to communicate more frequently with customers and prospects alike - a sure prescription for business growth."
Key features of the U580 Mail Processor include:
* High Speed Output - You can process up to 200 letters per minute, allowing you to get last minute customer mailings out the door in a hurry.
* Variable Mail Piece Feeding - This system can handle mail pieces ranging from postcards to 9" X 12" flats to give you flexibility.
* Enhanced Durability - The U580 was engineered to increase productivity, minimize downtime and yield more reliable operation.
* Secure Sealing - With the Aqua Trail sealing system, the confidentiality of your mailings is ensured, and a securely sealed envelope promotes confidence among recipients.
* Parcel Handling Capabilities - The U580 mail processor can rapidly produce either wet or dry postage tapes for use on packages and oversized mail.
* Postage-By-Phone Meter Resetting - Eliminate trips to the Post Office. A simple phone call or an online transaction is all it takes to get the postage you need.
* Versatile Weighing Options - You can select the appropriate weighing system to handle your parcel shipments and overweight mail.
About Pitney Bowes
Pitney Bowes is a $4.1 billion global provider of integrated mail and document management solutions headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut. The company serves over 2 million businesses of all sizes through dealer and direct operations.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.