Customers, Observers and Media Give HP Top Marks in Variety of Areas
Press release from the issuing company
PALO ALTO, Calif.--March 15, 2002-- Hewlett-Packard today announced that customers, media and other industry observers have recognized HP and its products and services with more than 100 awards since the start of 2002.
The awards HP has garnered cover both consumer and business products and services and also recognize HP employees for their performance, expertise and customer focus.
"HP has long been recognized for delivering quality products and services to meet the needs of our customers. These awards are a testament to HP's ongoing commitment to creating technologies that work in a variety of environments for a variety of people,'' said Jim McDonnell, vice president of worldwide marketing, HP Business Customer Organization. "We thank our customers for their support and feedback, which has helped us to transform technology innovations into award-winning offerings.''
Some of the awards HP has received include:
* Overall winner in CRN's Channel Champions Awards in three categories, which was more than any other vendor. HP swept in nearly every category for network management and network color laser printers and in every category for storage area network arrays.
* No. 1 in TBR Reports Customer Satisfaction Study for IT RISC-based Unix servers
* Reader's Choice Award in Intelligent Enterprise for HP OpenView Distributed Systems Management software
* Top recognition from the Hong Kong Association for Customer Service Excellence for superior performance in hotline services and on-site service for HP Hong Kong
* Jumped to No. 7 on the Wall Street Journal's Best Corporate Reputation list, ahead of IBM and Dell
* eWeek Excellence Award in the Infrastructure, IT Quality Assurance Tools category for the HP OpenView Services Desk 4.0 management system
* eWeek Excellence Award in the Infrastructure Story category for HP OpenView Storage Allocator software
* 2001 IT Management Award at the Information Technology and Management Conference for HP Japan
* The World Information Technology and Services Alliance's 2002 Information Technology Excellence Award to HP for its Digital Village program
* HP Bulgaria was named the Best Company of 2001 by Business World, a monthly trade magazine in Bulgaria
* HP Omnibook xt6050 business notebook recognition on CNET News.com
* HP LaserJet 8150 printer in Better Buys for Business
* HP Color LaserJet 4550 printer in CRN
* No. 1 in PC World Corporate Scanner category for the HP Scanjet 7450c scanner
* Top 5 in PC World Inkjet Printers category for the HP Deskjet 920c printer
* Top 5 in the over $3,000 category for two consecutive months in Smart Computing for the HP Omnibook 6100 mobile desktop PC
Award-winning products are part of HP's heritage of focusing on quality. In addition to the awards listed above, HP printers have received an A grade along with a "buy-again'' rating in PC Magazine's Reader Survey for 10 consecutive years.
Moving forward, HP is in the running for two JavaPro Reader's Choice Awards: the HP AS 8.0 and HP Core Services Framework software solutions for Best Application Server and Best New Product, respectively. Also, the newly announced HP LaserJet 9000 multifunction printer is a finalist for Government Computing News' FOSE awards, and the HP Jornada 568 handheld is a finalist in Networld + Interop's spring "Well Connected Awards.''
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.