SAN FRANCISCO---March 6, 2002-- Ricoh Corporation, the Dependable Digital output company, will be exhibiting several new and previously introduced hardware solutions, at AIIM 2002 from March 6-8, at booth #1905 in the Moscone Convention Center, San Francisco, CA.
Ricoh will demonstrate several fully integrated combinations of hardware and software solutions that are designed to address the input, management and output needs of any organization. Among the products on display is Ricoh's Aficio AP3800C, the most advanced color laser printer in its class, and the Aficio 1022 mid-volume imaging system. Each of these products is equipped with Ricoh's unique Next Generation Architecture technology, a new imbedded controller platform that eliminates the need for separate boards for the network printing, scanning and faxing options. This technology platform easily enables the integration of a wide range of software solutions and is a staple of Ricoh's product design. Also on display is the AP3600C network color laser printer designed to serve small to mid sized workgroup in a networked environment.
"Our goal is to improve the end-user experience and Ricoh's Next Generation Architecture technology platform is key to taking their business to the next level,'' said Jim Ivy, President, Office Products Group, Ricoh Corporation. "We are among the first to manufacturer and deliver on the promise of this new architecture because we understand our customer's needs.''
Below is detailed information about the products Ricoh will be exhibiting at AIIM 2002:
* AP3800C: The AP3800C's unprecedented speed of 28 pages per minute (ppm) in color and 38 ppm in black & white as well as its flexible paper handling capabilities and document finishing options, offer any size workgroup the ability to produce high-quality documents at a low cost. It is unique in that it can replace black and white printers while offering color quality and speed as well as optional on-line finishing. Ricoh's engineers designed the long anticipated RICOH AP3800C to clearly demonstrate their vision in offering next-generation technologies including the company's new architecture for all future hardware releases that equalizes the functionality of MFP systems and enables more efficient and seamless integration of third-party hardware and software solutions.
* AP3800CMF: Ricoh introduces the new AP3800CMF to demonstrate their next-generation technology including the company's new architecture for all future hardware. The goal is to equalize the functionality of MFP systems and enable more efficient and seamless integration of third-party hardware and software solutions. The AP3800CMF's delivers 28 pages per minute (ppm) in color and 38 ppm in black & white as well as flexible paper handling capabilities and document finishing options to offer any size workgroup the ability to produce high-quality documents at a low cost. It is unique in that it can replace black and white printers while offering color quality and speed as well as optional on-line finishing.
* AP3600C: Designed to serve small to mid-size workgroups in a networked environment, Ricoh's AP3600C is designed for fast and affordable color document printing. Primed to deliver high printing performance, versatility and document finishing, this color laser printer is perfectly suited for general office as well as desktop publishing applications. The AP3600 prints 10 pages per minute of full color and 36 black and white pages per minute. Other features include versatile finishing capabilities include duplex printing, mailbox sorting, stapling and paper feed units all in one convenient footprint.
* Aficio 1022: The Aficio 1022 system is designed to be more than a multi-functional product. It operates as a documentmanager at the center of the user's department, streamlining the network document flow. The system offers several advanced add-on options such as: high-speed duplex productivity, printer solutions and Ricoh's Document Server, which can store and edit frequently copied, faxed or printed documents on demand. The technology boasts a new controller platform that eliminates the need for separate controller boards for the network printing, scanning and faxing options. In addition, the Aficio 1022 contains Ricoh's proprietary QSU (Quick Start-up) technology, which allows it to operate in energy-saving mode, with a 15 second start-up time for the Aficio 1022 and Aficio 1027 machines. Engine speed for the Aficio 1022 is 22 pages-per-minute (ppm),and delivers 600 dots-per-inch (dpi) resolution.
* Aficio 1035/1045: These energy-saving digital imaging systems were the first to utilize Ricoh's unique Next Generation Architecture technology, a new controller platform that eliminates the need for separate controller boards for the network printing, scanning and faxing options. In addition, these environmentally friendly systems both contain Ricoh's proprietary QSU (Quick Start-up) technology, which allows them to operate in energy-saving mode, with a quick 10- or 15- second start-up time for the Aficio 1035 and 1045 machines, respectively. The systems boast high-speed duplex productivity and add-on printer solutions, and contain Ricoh's advanced Document Server software, which can store and edit frequently copied, faxed or printed documents on demand.
* Aficio IS330DC: This versatile, flatbed color office scanner that delivers full color and high quality images. The Ricoh Aficio IS330DC is now the fastest scanner in its class and is designed to enhance productivity and efficiency in any office environment. The versatile Ricoh Aficio IS330DC offers a variety of functions designed exclusively with the end-user in mind. These functions include Area Extraction, which allows one area of a selected page to be scanned, and enhanced image processing, which helps eliminate noise and uses text smoothing to produce crisp and clear electronic images.
Information for all Ricoh products is available at the booth #1905 in the Moscone Convention Center or by logging onto the Ricoh's corporate website at http://www.ricoh-usa.com.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.