KIRKLAND, Wash., Jan. 28- ImageX has received two additional patent notifications from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Based on these notices, patents are expected to be issued soon.
These patent filings apply to the ImageX online technology, which allows users to customize sales and marketing materials, such as product specification sheets and marketing brochures, and then see a real-time, 100%-accurate PDF proof of the printed piece. This capability allows customers with frequently changing product information, or whose service differs in various locations, to effectively create and distribute current marketing materials.
With the technology covered in these patent filings, ImageX enhances efficiencies and reduces significant costs for customers by offering the following capabilities:
* Up-to-date sales and marketing information. Easy online modifications for corporations whose product or service information changes often.
* Localization. Different versions of sales and marketing literature for different locations ensures potential customers only receive information that is relevant to their geographic area.
* Personalization. Users can custom-tailor printed items online -- entering personal contact information, store locations or other variable information.
* Co-branding. Allow partners and value added resellers (VARs) to add their logos and company information before printing.
* Downloadable digital assets for local printing. Print-ready files available online for partners or VARs to download and print to their personal printers.
"These patent notifications further validate our technological leadership and demonstrate our unique position within the marketplace,'' said Tim Dowling, chief operating officer, ImageX. "We are the only service provider able to offer fully automated customization and purchasing of sales and marketing materials online.''
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.