Cahners and Pira Combine to Produce Assessment of Packaging Industry
Press release from the issuing company
NEW YORK, NY (January 8, 2002) --Cahners Business Information, publisher of Converting Magazine and Packaging Digest, and Pira International, Europe's leading information provider to the packaging, print and paper industries, are again producing a unique conference covering the exciting new technology of digital printing for the label and packaging industry.
Focusing on plateless, full-color digital print techniques for paperboard, plastic-film packaging, and labels, this two-day conference program has been researched with leading companies throughout the industry to ensure it addresses the newest and most pertinent developments. The conference program has the unique advantage of including case studies from throughout the supply chain--not just suppliers.
* Bristol Myers Squibb talks exclusively about its in-house digital press.
* Kraft Foods investigates the current and potential impact of digital print on the consumer products company.
* Coors Brewing Company assesses its use of digital print for marketing purposes.
* Smurfit Stone gives insight into its current and planned use of digital print for folding cartons.
* CCL Labels considers the future potential of digital print for labelmaking.
* Field Container examines its use of DI equipment and how this compares and contrasts with digital print.
* More, including a winery discussing the advantages digital print brings and Hewlett-Packard assessing the role of Digital Print in the Packaging Supply Chain from a buyer's perspective.
Following last year's sold-out conference, two programs have been created for 2002. They include one for the West Coast, which takes place at The Fairmont, San Francisco, CA, on Wednesday, March 13 and Thursday, March 14, 2002; and a more general conference at The Hyatt Regency O'Hare in Chicago, IL, on Tuesday, June 4, and Wednesday, June 5, 2002.
Cahners and Pira are also working with the Tag & Label Manufacturers Institute, Inc. of Naperville, Ill. to promote the show and offer a discount to TLMI members.
These exclusive events are fast growing a reputation as the most important forum in America for developments in the fast moving world of Digital Print for Packaging. It attracts senior delegates from throughout the packaging supply chain to discuss and learn the very latest strategic and technical developments.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.