Xplor International Announces New Association Board of Directors
Press release from the issuing company
Xplor International, the worldwide electronic document systems association, recently announced its newly elected Association Board of Directors at Xplor 2001 in Orlando, Florida U.S.A. The board was presented to association members during a special banquet held Nov. 1 during the event.
James Shand, EDP, was named the 2002 Chairman of the Board. Shand is the commercial director for edotech Limited, a major document and Internet communications bureau based in Gloucestershire, England. Shand will work closely with Xplor's newly appointed Association Board of Directors and leadership to help guide the organization. This is the third time Shand has held this position. His first tenure began in 1987, which marked the first non-North American to be named chairman (called president at the time) of Xplor International. Shand has been a member of Xplor International for over 20 years.
Other Executive Officers named by the Board include:
* Vice Chairman, Geri A. Del Priore, EDP, GEM Consulting Services, Yorktown Heights, N.Y.
* Treasurer, William J. McCalpin, EDP, MHE, Richardson Tex.
* Secretary, Mark Baker, EDP, Penn National Insurance, Harrisburg, Pa.
* Associate Member to Executive Committee, Ann Jurczyk, Group 1 Software, Herndon, Va.
* President & CEO, Robert W. Wert, Xplor International, Torrance, Calif.
Additional Association Board of Directors include:
* Dave Evans, Clarica Life Insurance Company, Waterloo, ON Canada
* Paul Gerelle, MPI Tech, Bagsvaerd, Denmark
* Skip Henk, Scitex Digital Printing, Inc., Lutz Fla.
* Johan Hooglander, EDP, ADP Nederland B.V., CAPELLE A/D IJSSEL, The Netherlands
* Cheryl Simerson, EDP, OneBeacon Insurance, Portland, Ore.
* Ray Simonson, CheckFree i-Solutions, Waterloo, ON Canada
* Russell Thurlow, Exchequer Printing Pty. Ltd., Mount Eliza, Australia
* Louise Willhelm, EDP, National Data Services of Chicago, Chicago, Ill.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.