GretagMacbeth Highlights Color Solutions at IFRA 2001
Press release from the issuing company
Geneva, Switzerland; October 15, 2001 — In Hall 5 Stand #5360 at IFRA 2001, GretagMacbeth will present to the newspaper industry its latest generation of color management solutions designed to cover the full range of steps in the digital graphic arts production workflow from design and image capture through prepress and print production. IFRA 2001 is open October 15 - 18 at PALEXPO in Geneva, Switzerland.
GretagMacbeth is demonstrating the following solutions on its stand:
- the Eye-One™ color management system for profiling monitors including flat panel displays, scanners and all types of output devices plus the newest versions of the Eye-One Match and the Eye-One Share software for the creative community;
- ProfileMaker™ 4.0, recently announced at Print 01 in the USA, for creating ICC profiles, including multi-color;
- iCColor™, recently announced at Print 01 in the USA, for automated, spectral chart reading
- iProfile™ Pro Bundle - a color management system which includes ProfileMaker 4.0 color management software, Spectrolino™ spectrophotometer for measuring monitors, spot colors, color proofs and film/transparency originals, SpectroScan™ T automatic x/y table for hands-free test chart measurement, a Digital Camera Module and iQueue™ 140 workflow;
- iQueue color management workflow software for Mac and PC platforms;
- Ink Formulation 4.0 software optimized to supply outstanding results using offset, Flexo, rotogravure and screen printing processes;
- Color Quality software for quality control in ink formulation;
- SpectroEye™ handheld, portable spectrophotometer/densitometer;
- iCPlate™ plate reader and TabWizard™ software for easy and accurate quality control in computer-to-plate and conventional printing environments; and
- D19C, an easy to use, remission densitometer.
Spotlight on New ProfileMaker 4.0
GretagMacbeth announced the latest version 4.0 of ProfileMaker software at the Print 01 exhibition in Chicago, IL USA in September. Foremost among its new features is support for multi-channel output devices capable of 5-, 6- and 7-channel output including Hexachrome, plus many enhancements to its ProfileEditor, MeasureTool and ColorPicker modules.
Enhancements to Eye-One
The Eye-One color management system provides an easy-to-use, cost-effective approach to measuring and profiling monitors, including flat panel displays, and all input and output devices. GretagMacbeth announces that both Eye-One Match profiling software and Eye-One Share, color creation, evaluation and communication software, is now compatible with Mac OS X. In addition, the software is now available in French, Italian, German, Spanish and Japanese. The Eye-One Web site, wwwi1color.com, has been localized and is now accessible in French, Italian, German and Spanish. GretagMacbeth is also demonstrating several new features for Eye-One, including a new diagnostic tool with which users can verify that the Eye-One spectrophotometer is operating correctly.
New iCColor 200
GretagMacbeth is also showing the new iCColor 200 automated spectral chart reader at Seybold San Francisco. Introduced at Print 01, this high precision unit can scan in both x and y direction automatically and read a chart with 288 patches in 2-3 minutes. This automatic, hands-free approach ensures precise, error-free measurements every time and eliminates the need to hand-feed multiple strips through the device.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's go-to information source with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, WhatTheyThink Email Newsletters, and the WhatTheyThink magazine. Our mission is to inform, educate, and inspire the industry. We provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today's printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.