Merrill Announces Relocation, Expansion of Frankfurt & Toronto Office
Press release from the issuing company
ST. PAUL, MN — October 10, 2001 — Merrill Corporation, a global diversified communications and document services provider, today announced the relocation and expansion of its facilities in Frankfurt, Germany and Toronto, Ontario.
Merrill Germany has relocated to a larger facility in the center of the city.
"The move was prompted by the success and rapid growth of Merrill in the German market," said Mike James, president of Merrill Corporation's Financial Document Services business unit. "This new location offers greater accessibility, convenience and service for our expanding client base."
Clients introduced to the Frankfurt team have found there is a highly-qualified financial print team available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, backed up by some service elements unique to Frankfurt:
* The only on-site native German-speaking typesetting staff offered by an international financial printer.
* Local print production, which is unique to international financial printers.
* Complete access to Merrill's integrated global network, enabling document development and production in all major financial centers worldwide.
* Full foreign-language translation services. The new facility is located in Westend Carree, in the center of the city. It is a fully-equipped client service center with state-of-the art (or something like that to give conference rooms some value.) art conference rooms and an experienced customer service team.
Quebecor Merrill Canada (QMC) has relocated to a premium building in Toronto's financial district.
"Our business in Toronto has grown to the point that more space is necessary," James said. "This building gives us the additional facilities we need in an outstanding location that is extremely convenient for our clients."
"Our square footage has nearly doubled, allowing us to add service personnel, and the location is exceptional," added Guido DiFelice, QMC's General Manager. "The new facility brings many advantages to our Toronto clients."
Benefits of this new location include:
* Easy access and close proximity to Toronto's train, subway and freeway systems.
* Three "mega boardrooms" with sliding walls to accommodate groups as large as 100 people. A variety of smaller conference rooms also are available to comfortably accommodate groups of any size.
* A state-of-the-art audiovisual system for technologically sophisticated presentations.
* Expanded typesetting and electronic filing capacity to ensure the fastest possible turnaround and the highest quality service. Quebecor Merrill Canada is located in BCE Place in the heart of Toronto's financial district.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.