SAN FRANCISCO--Sept. 24, 2001--Electronics for Imaging, the world leader in providing hardware and software imaging solutions for networked printers and copiers, today announced it is extending its focus into the high-end graphic arts arena with the introduction of its Fiery Graphic Arts Package(TM). This advanced suite of specialized tools enables graphic arts professionals to achieve consistently accurate color and print quality for the most demanding, color-critical print jobs.
EFI's Fiery Graphics Arts Package is designed to address the specific needs and requirements of graphic arts professionals. Emphasizing increased workflow and productivity while stringently adhering to industry color standards, the Graphic Arts Package gives users greater flexibility, predictability, and consistency. Users also have more control of output quality, including simulating the characteristics of various output processes.
"EFI is committed to addressing the digital printing and proofing needs of graphic arts professionals,'' said Guy Gecht, CEO, Electronics For Imaging. "We are excited to offer this advanced suite of tools to help graphic arts professionals achieve their vision of color and print quality with ease and precision.''
Key Features of the Fiery Graphic Arts Package
* Halftone Screening capabilities allow users to print in halftone mode to simulate the final screened result that will be imaged on films or plates for offset printing, as well as define custom screening functions to be applied to their print jobs.
* Support for Tiff/IT and DCS 2.0 files through the Tiff/IT import filter allows users to easily combine proprietary and standard PostScript/PDF workflows.
* Hot Folders automate the printing process for multiple jobs, enhancing workflow activities such as job ticketing and imposition.
* Soft Proofing provides more accurate on-screen previews of page layouts and finishing options with increased color accuracy in final print jobs.
* Auto-Trapping automatically compensates for mis-registration of documents.
* Spot On color technology allows users to edit and define custom spot colors.
* Unlimited Plate Separation capabilities allow users to combine multiple-plate separations regardless of the number of CMYK or spot color plates.
* Paper Simulation allows users to simulate the source color of paper stock and the affect on the final job for more accurate proofing.
More EFI Tools for Graphic Arts Professionals
Other new EFI offerings for graphic arts professionals include the EFI Color Profiler(TM) kit and the latest version of EFI ColorWise. EFI's new Color Profiler kit includes profile creation software and an integrated EFI Spectrometer(TM), a hand-held optical color measurement device that provides the ability to quickly and accurately measure the color of any paper or other material. ColorWise is a comprehensive, in-RIP color management system, offering a range of simple and expert-level tools. ColorWise includes post-RIP calibration for increased accuracy and flexibility. Expanded calibration methods also offer more precise measurement and analysis of patch data. In addition, automatic gray balancing and a variety of new simulation choices deliver more accurate color matching.
The Graphic Arts Package is a software option for the new Fiery platforms announced today (see press release, "EFI Launches New, High-Performance Z5 and Z18 Fiery Controllers at Seybold SF''). ColorProfiler is available as a stand-alone option on the new Fierys as well as EDOX and Splash servers. ColorWise is a standard feature on the new Fiery platforms. EFI's new Fiery software suite will be available in Q1 2002.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.