Ascential Software Advances Digital Asset Management Solution with Media360
Press release from the issuing company
International Broadcast Conference (IBC), AMSTERDAM, Netherlands and WESTBORO, Mass. — September 18, 2001 — Ascential Software Corporation (NASDAQ: ASCL), the leading provider of Information Asset Management (IAM) solutions, today announced the second release and immediate availability of Ascential Media360, the industry's most comprehensive Digital Asset Management (DAM) solution. Media360 version 2.1 introduces improved functionality across several Media360 modules, in the areas of performance, integration and interoperability.
"This release of Media360 directly corresponds to the growing customer demand for solutions that help companies manage and use massive amounts of untapped and valuable content," said Carolyn Layne, vice president, marketing, Ascential Software. "IDC recently recognized us as one of the leading providers of Digital Asset Management solutions, and we continue to break new ground in this category. With the new version of Media360, customers are benefiting from features no other solution provides, and we're confident that these product enhancements, as well as rapid customer adoption, will further solidify Ascential's dominant role in the market."
Media360 is a key part of Ascential's comprehensive product portfolio for Information Asset Management, allowing companies to turn data and content into reliable, reusable information assets so they can make better business decisions and operate more efficiently. Media360 is an end-to-end DAM solution designed to satisfy the requirements of global organizations that need to retrieve, catalog, edit, store and deliver any type of digital content throughout the enterprise, including video, audio, Web and desktop publishing content. In addition, Media360 allows customers to manage workflow across content creation, approval and distribution, and provides the capability to browse and search on all content, meta data and associated information.
Media360 has support for both traditional rich digital asset data, like video and audio assets, as well as new media content, such as Web and desktop publishing assets. As a result, Media360 is ideally suited for virtually any industry, including financial services, advertising, media, entertainment, publishing, manufacturing, criminal justice, education, government and healthcare.
Enhanced Media360 Features
With this release, Media360 becomes the only DAM solution to offer advanced workflow management. It is also the only solution to offer real-time access to video and audio data while it is being ingested - an essential feature for broadcast and newsroom settings. Media360 version 2.1 introduces improved functionality across several Media360 modules, in the areas of performance, integration and interoperability
* Core Module - As the foundation for the Media360 suite, the Core Module provides content store, flexible meta data, workflow, versioning and asset movement. The Media360 Core Module allows organizations to manage any kind of content throughout its lifecycle; and integrates with a variety of third party content creation and content distribution tools. This release includes integration with the SGL FlashNet middleware solution for hierarchical storage management.
* Video / Audio Module - With support for integrating video loggers and video servers, functions for post-logging and annotation, and rough-cut editing features, this module simplifies and speeds the process of finding, editing and distributing video and audio assets. This version also includes integration with the Grass Valley Group Profile video server.
* Image Module - By allowing users to format, re-format and convert images and associated content, this module reduces the time required to create and manage multiple image formats for print and Web deployment. This release adds support for Handmade Software's Image Alchemy image management solution.
* Desktop Publishing Module - This module integrates with QuarkXPress, using Media360 as a repository for QuarkXPress files and content, enabling the re-use of content across multiple solutions and locations and providing a central repository for all publishing content. New features for this version include text searching within QuarkXPress files stored inside Media360, improved page previews, and versioning of QuarkXPress document components.
* Web Publishing Module - By integrating Web authoring and Web content management tools with Media360 via XML, this module enables re-use of content across multiple solutions and locations and provides a central repository for all web content. New features for this version include incorporation of a new, JSP-based light and customizable client for Media360.
* Newsroom Edition - This is a bundled solution, comprising Media360 Core Module and Media360 Video/Audio Modules, a specific newsroom user interface and tight integration with ENPS and Avid iNews. This enables the re-use of content across archive, newsroom, production and web systems.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's go-to information source with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, WhatTheyThink Email Newsletters, and the WhatTheyThink magazine. Our mission is to inform, educate, and inspire the industry. We provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today's printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.