ALEXANDRIA, VIRGINIA (August 10, 2001) – The Graphic Arts Marketing Information Service (GAMIS) of the Printing Industries of America (PIA) Incorporated, announces the call for nominations for the Neil Richards Visionary Leadership Award.
This award established in 1998 is in honor of long-time GAMIS member Neil W. Richards, who recently retired from Eastman Kodak. During his 33-year pursuit of market information and intelligence, Richards demonstrated integrity and visionary thinking as an independent voice on the future of the graphic arts industry. He remains actively involved in the industry as a consultant for a variety of industry organizations.
GAMIS invites the graphic arts industry to submit nominees for this award that will be presented in December in Washington, D.C., to a deserving candidate. Deadline for nominations is October 2, 2001.
The ideal nominee should posses the following qualities:
1. Have actively participated in and supported numerous national/international graphic arts industry associations.
2. Have contributed to the growth and development of industry colleagues as a mentor or role model.
3. Have fostered honesty and integrity in his/her approach.
4. Be broadly known and respected or nationally recognized.
5. Have willingly and aggressively shared his/her knowledge with associates.
6. Have aggressively promoted new, innovative, or futuristic thinking.
7. Have exhibited a focus on the practical application of market information.
According to Jackie Bland, GAMIS executive director, the selection committee may also, when appropriate, consider longevity in the industry as a factor.
For information about the Neil Richards Visionary Leadership Award nomination process contact Jamie Erdman, GAMIS/PIA, 100 Daingerfield Road, Alexandria, Virginia 22314. Phone: 703/519-8144. E-mail: [email protected]