SANTA ANA, California, September 16, 2008 -- Markzware, the leading developer of preflighting, data extraction and conversion software, announced a free update for its preflighting solution, FlightCheck v6.12.
"Markzware continues to provide the level of support to our customer base to ensure efficiency, flexibility and ease of use of our popular and award-winning preflighting solution," said Mary Gay Marchese, public relations director of Markzware.
This new update will allow the user to drop folders of multiple files of QuarkXPress or Adobe InDesign onto the FlightCheck icon for preflighting.
Other new enhancements include:
• Relaxed constraints on bad data to allow more files to be seen as recognized by FlightCheck
• Modified reading of Illustrator files to better handle documents with layers previously flagged as unrecognized or locked
• Improved detection of small point-size fonts in Illustrator (.ai and eps files created out of Illustrator)
• Addressed content of an image box containing an eps image with scaling applied would report the "image_name is transparent," when no transparency had been applied
• Coordinated file creation/Modification Dates and Finder Dates
• Improved reading and detection of fonts in QuarkXPress 7 documents
• Improved scanning of Illustrator CS3 files to handle files previously unrecognized files
• Improved ability to read additional QuarkXPress files
• Improved reporting of resolution data for JPEGs that use EXIF data
• Improved font detection even includes fonts created over 10 years ago
In addition, customers can download free tutorial movies by visiting our web site at: http://www.markzware.com/movies
Pricing and Availability:
The FlightCheck v6.12 update is available fee of charge to all registered FlightCheck 6.x users. The MSRP of FlightCheck Professional is $499. For more information, or to purchase, visit: http://www.markzware.com/store .
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.