Corel Introduces CorelDRAW ESSENTIALS: New Creativity Package Coming Soon
Press release from the issuing company
OTTAWA--June 25, 2001--Corel Corporation is pleased to introduce CorelDRAW ESSENTIALS, the software package for graphics users who want to take their creativity to the next level.
CorelDRAW ESSENTIALS, part of Corel's creative collection, will hit store shelves in August 2001 and will carry a suggested retail price of US $109.
Based on Corel's award-winning graphics and photo-editing products, CorelDRAW 9* and Corel PHOTO-PAINT 9*, CorelDRAW ESSENTIALS gives users the powerful functionality of two graphics applications in one easy-to-use and flexible package.
"We are committed to providing our customers with the right tools at the right price for their creative needs,'' said Ian LeGrow, executive vice-president of creative products at Corel. "CorelDRAW ESSENTIALS was designed for users who have moved beyond entry-level graphics products. It is a sophisticated solution that provides power and creative control, without the learning curve of a professional tool.''
CorelDRAW is an illustration and page layout application that offers users an extensive variety of effects and creation tools. Corel PHOTO-PAINT is a photo-editing application that offers exceptional image creation and enhancement, effects and artistic media brush tools. These applications open virtually unlimited creative possibilities including: illustrations, layouts, home renovation plans, family stationary, greeting cards, calendars, landscaping design, Web graphics, and more.
CorelDRAW ESSENTIALS highlights include:
* Optimized for the Intel Pentium 4 processor
* Optimized for the upcoming Microsoft Windows XP
* Digital Imaging - users can enhance and manage their photo collections; it's the ideal companion for digital cameras
* Text and layout tools - users can dramatically improve the formatting of their projects by fitting text to a path; adding 3D text effects; defining columns; controlling text spacing; wrapping text around an image; and assigning different page sizes and orientations to individual pages
* Live Effects - users can experiment with effects, such as drop shadows, transparencies, mesh fills, and distortions - without losing their previous work - and see the results in realtime
* Image Sprayer tool - users can create realistic collage effects
* Masking tools - users can control the areas they mask to help create stunning image compositions
* Photo Panoramas - users can create QuickTime(TM) VR panoramas with image-editing functionality
What is in the CorelDRAW ESSENTIALS Box:
In addition to CorelDRAW 9* and Corel PHOTO-PAINT 9*, CorelDRAW ESSENTIALS includes the following value-added features:
* Corel CAPTURE(TM) 9
* Canto Cumulus Desktop LE 5.0 * Adobe (R) Acrobat (R) Reader (R) 5.0
* QuickTime(TM) 5 Player
* Digimarc Digital Watermarking
* Human Software Squizz!(TM)
* QuickTour Movie
Also included in CorelDRAW ESSENTIALS are 5000 high-quality clipart images, 1000 high resolution photos, 1000 photo objects, and 100 TrueType fonts.
CorelDRAW ESSENTIALS for Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows 2000, Windows NT 4.0, and Windows XP will be available in August 2001. French and German versions will be available in September 2001.
* Modified from the full version.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.