MONTREAL, June 12 Raymond Royer, President and Chief Executive Officer of Domtar announced today an organizational restructuring and a redistribution of roles and responsibilities among members of the Domtar Management Committee. He also announced that Monique Martin, currently Vice- President, Sales & Marketing for Wood Products, will become a member of the Management Committee as Senior Vice-President, Wood Products. These changes are effective immediately.
"The cornerstone of Domtar's success over the past four years has been our customer focused approach. Today, we are going one step further. Henceforth, Domtar's management structure will be organized in a manner that reinforces our commitment towards customers. In so doing, we hope to be even more responsive to their needs and reap the benefits of enhanced loyalty and new market share,'' said Raymond Royer, President and Chief Executive Officer of Domtar.
The roles and responsibilities of the members of the Management Committee are as follows:
- George Kobrynsky, Senior Vice-President, Sales, Marketing and
Customer Relations Development;
- Roland Gagnon, Senior Vice-President, Paper Manufacturing Operations
(existing Domtar mills);
- C. Lance Skerratt, Senior Vice-President, Domtar Merchants;
- E. Craig McManus, Senior Vice-President, Forest Resources;
- Monique Martin, Senior Vice-President, Wood Products;
- Christian Dube, Senior Vice-President and Chief Financial Officer;
- Gilles Pharand, Senior Vice-President, Corporate Affairs, General
Counsel and Secretary.
Raymond Royer is also proud to announce that Roger Brear, currently Senior Vice-President, Manufacturing - Paper with Georgia-Pacific Corporation, will join Domtar and its Management Committee once the recently announced acquisition of part of Georgia-Pacific's paper business closes in the third quarter 2001. Mr. Brear will be Senior Vice-President, Paper Manufacturing Operations for the four soon to be acquired mills in Ashdown (Arkansas), Nekoosa and Port Edwards (Wisconsin), and Woodland (Maine).
* "The annual net sales of the new Domtar should reach $CDN 6 billion, of
* which approximately 75% will be in the United States. With a team of
* approximately 12,500 employees across North America, the new Domtar will
* be the second largest producer of uncoated freesheet in North America and
* the third largest in the world. Domtar will become a leading manufacturer
* of business, printing, specialty and technical papers. Domtar manages
* close to 36 million acres of forest land in Canada and in the United
* States and its forest management practices on all of these lands have or
* will be certified ISO 14001 or according to the standards of the Forest
* Stewardship Council by the end of the year. Domtar is also a significant
* supplier of lumber in eastern North America. Finally, Domtar owns 50% of
* Norampac Inc., the largest Canadian producer of containerboard and
* corrugated containers."
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's go-to information source with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, WhatTheyThink Email Newsletters, and the WhatTheyThink magazine. Our mission is to inform, educate, and inspire the industry. We provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today's printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.