Watsonville, CA - June 6, 2001 - Aladdin Systems, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Aladdin Systems Holdings, Inc. (OTC BB: ALHI), today announced Spring Cleaning(tm) 4.0 is now shipping. Spring Cleaning, the leading uninstaller for the Macintosh, provides 15 powerful cleaning utilities to help users safely and easily remove hard drive and Internet clutter to reclaim disk space and increase their Mac's performance.
Built for Mac OS X, Spring Cleaning 4.0 is completely compatible with the new OS, and also offers two new features just for Mac OS X users: QuickCompare(tm) and AccessMoniter(tm). The new version also expands its arsenal of Internet cleanup tools with CookieEditor(tm) and MailCleaner(tm), plus offers two unique user interfaces - Standard and Advanced Modes - to provide users of all levels faster and safer cleaning.
"With the rapid adoption of Mac OS X, and users' concerns over Internet privacy, our customers needs were the driving force behind Spring Cleaning's redesign," said Pauline Shumake, product manager. "With its enhanced cleaning options, Spring Cleaning 4.0 offers the most thorough cleaning solution for every Macintosh user."
SPRING CLEANING 4.0 NEW FEATURES AND BENEFITS
* Completely redesigned for Mac OS X, Spring Cleaning 4.0 takes advantage of many features of the new OS.
* CookieEditor allows users to selectively remove Internet cookies from their machines to save disk space, protect their privacy, and speed access to favorite sites.
* MailCleaner finds unwanted and duplicate attachments hidden unknowingly by users' email programs.
* AccessMoniter, developed specifically for Mac OS X users, provides a quick and easy way for users to find files by their last access date, so they can later decide whether the files are still important to keep
* QuickCompare, also just for Mac OS X, displays the differences between similar files, giving users an easy way to identify which files should be removed.
* Standard and Advanced Modes are two new user interfaces offering different levels of cleaning. Standard Mode helps guide users by categorizing searches via cleaning priority: Cleanup, Maintenance, Organize, and Internet. Advanced Mode provides access to all of Spring Cleaning's searches, giving an experienced user greater cleaning flexibility.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.