Bringing solutions for D2C sales and new NFC tag for liquid detection to leading European trade show for luxury packaging
Tokyo – Toppan, a global leader in communication, security, packaging, décor materials, and electronics solutions, will participate in LUXE PACK Monaco 2023, the premier trade show for creative packaging, from October 2 to 4.
The luxury brand market is recovering robustly, but this also means damage caused by counterfeit goods is once again on the rise. In addition, the ubiquity of online purchasing, the diversification of customer touchpoints, and an increase in the legitimate reselling of used goods via secondary distribution channels are driving needs for product authentication and enhanced consumer management by brands.
At LUXE PACK Monaco 2023, Toppan will show brands in the European luxury sector how they can address these challenges with a range of solutions, including high-security NFC tags for authenticity verification and opening detection, a state-of-the-art ID authentication platform, NFC solutions tailored to the growing market for direct-to-consumer (D2C) sales, and a new NFC tag that can detect the volume of liquid in a container.
Main solutions on show
Toppan’s NFC tag solutions help brands in the luxury goods, alcoholic beverage, and cosmetics sectors provide authenticity verification, prevent grey market diversion, and strengthen consumer engagement.
- CorkTag™—detects fraudulent opening or refilling
- Cachet-Tag™—makes data unreadable as the NFC tag breaks after a single scan
- On-metal-tag—maintains performance even when attached to metals
- Paper-based packages with integrated NFC tags and plastic vial caps with integrally molded NFC tags
- D2C solutions that lead consumers to brands’ mobile apps when they scan a tag
Demonstration of object ID management using an authentication platform
The Toppan booth will run demonstrations of an ID authentication platform provided in collaboration with Belgium-based Selinko. The solution involves assigning unique IDs to individual products to enable the status of each one to be managed and tracked on the platform. As a technology for digitally proving a product’s authenticity, it has been featured in the 2023 luxury and technology report issued by the Comité Colbert association of French luxury brands and Bain & Company.
In addition to verifying that a product is genuine, it is also possible to confirm information on location. This means that when users scan tags, the location and time of the scan can be checked on the platform to facilitate detection of grey market diversion, management of individual items, enhanced marketing strategies, and brand protection.
D2C sales enabled by ID authentication platform and NFC tags
- Toppan offers a redirection function that takes advantage of the ID authentication platform to automatically launch a brand’s app when a consumer uses their smartphone to scan the NFC tag on a product package. This allows brands to drive D2C sales by providing hassle-free access to product information.
- When an tag for opening detection is used, different content can be delivered to consumers at different times. This can be product information before opening and content that drives additional purchases afterwards.
New NFC tag that detects liquid volume
- For the first time in Europe, Toppan will showcase its new NFC tag for contactless detection of the volume of liquid inside a container. Targeted at the cosmetics, medical/pharmaceutical, and alcoholic beverage sectors, it not only allows users to check how much of a product remains, even in opaque containers, but also provides brands with data on how much of the product has been used so that marketing strategies can be tailored accordingly.
Plastic-free eco-friendly tags with paper-based substrate
- Toppan has addressed demand for plastic-free products by developing a tag in which the polyethylene terephthalate (PET) substrate material has been replaced by paper without sacrificing communication performance.
Visit Toppan’s event page for more information:
About Luxe Pack Monaco 2023
Dates: October 2 to 4
Venue: Grimaldi Forum Monaco (Principality of Monaco)
Organizer: Luxe Pack (Headquarters: Oyonnax, France)
Official website: https://www.luxepackmonaco.com/en/
Toppan booth: AC02