BOHEMIA, NY—FTA has unveiled the highly anticipated winners of the 2023 Excellence in Flexography Awards, widely regarded as the industry’s most renowned annual flexographic print competition.
The award-winning prints were announced on Sunday, April 16 during the Awards Banquet at FORUM & INFOFLEX 2023, FTA’s annual four-day technical conference and exhibition.
This year’s list of distinguished winners further exemplifies the diverse capabilities that flexographic printing has to offer in today’s fast-paced, constantly changing market.
“Every year I’m more and more impressed with the quality of the print in this competition,” said Excellence in Flexography Awards Committee Chair Alix Guyot of tesa tape. “This year we really saw what’s possible when entrants optimize for their pressrooms and focus on the printing. The judges continue to impress with their dedication and discussions. I encourage anyone to get involved, either through entries or judging.”
Judges representing a range of segments of the flexographic industry analyzed hundreds of print samples. All entries were evaluated with a meticulous approach, with multiple parameters for gauging the work’s degree of difficulty and level of execution.
Six exemplary prints were selected for the Best of Show award in their respective categories:
- The Vet IQ Skin & Coat/Calming/5-in-One Soft Chew Bags, printed by PPC Flexible Packaging (Wide Web category)
- The Framar CideKicks Disinfectant Pods Bag, printed by Accredo Packaging (Mid Web category)
- The Wander Folk Spirits Garden Club Gin Label, printed by Multi-Color Corp (Narrow Web category)
- The Social Burgerjoint Takeaway Container, entered by Marvaco Ltd on behalf of Adara Pakkaus Oy (Combined Corrugated category)
- The Angry Orchard Hard Cider Explorer Variety Pack Box, printed by International Paper Co (Preprinted Linerboard category)
- The M&S Start Your Spring Collection Today Envelope, printed by Encore Envelopes Ltd (Envelope category)
See all the prints recognized in the 2023 Excellence in Flexography Awards in the online gallery and in the April issue of FLEXO Magazine.
In addition to the Excellence in Flexography Awards, FTA also announced the recipients of its other honors and awards, including the 2023 Technical Innovation Award, 2023 Sustainability Excellence Award, 2023 President’s Award honorees and 2023 Hall of Fame inductee.