At Printing United (Las Vegas, 19-21 October), Agfa will demo its latest inkjet technology, including solutions for packaging, textile and sign & display printing. The Inca Onset will be shown running on Agfa ink for the first time.
Mortsel, Belgium – “We’re thrilled to be back in Las Vegas, with an offering that is bigger and bolder than ever before”, says Ruben Silva, Vice-President of Inkjet Sales North America. “As is evident from our acquisition of Inca – and from our continuous investment in software and ink development – we are committed to the digital printing industry, with solutions for both sign & display and industrial applications. Print service providers looking to step up their game, should definitely drop by our booth to explore our extended offering.”
Visitors to Agfa’s booth will be able to attend demos of the following printing solutions:
The extremely high-speed Inca Onset X3 HS
It is the first time since Agfa’s acquisition of Inca Digital Printers that the company will show an Inca Onset high-speed printer on its booth, the super?fast X3 HS. Not only has it been rebranded with Agfa’s characteristic Warm Red color, it will also be running on Agfa’s dedicated new inkjet ink and Agfa will be demonstrating the printer’s newly developed high-throughput, high-quality speed modes.
The Inca Onset has been pushing the boundaries of what is possible in print since its launch. The X3 HS is capable of 24/7 printing at a production speed of 15,600 ft²/h. In addition, the printer’s ability to handle a wide variety of substrates and the virtual lack of downtime between media changes – 30 seconds job setup times thanks to the integration of robotics and a range of automated features – make it a real game-changer.
At Printing United, the printer will be shown in a ¾ automation setup with a lay table and an unloading robot, running a variety of stocks, including corrugated boards.
The high-speed Jeti Tauro H3300 UHS LED
Agfa’s fastest and most versatile Jeti Tauro model will be shown in a master roll-to-roll setup at Printing United, tackling two rolls of up to 1500 pounds. Agfa will demonstrate innovative, unattended automated double-sided roll printing. The integrated camera system reads QR codes, generated by the user interface of the printer, to identify the exact location of the image and adjust the print position at the start of every job, ensuring front-to-back accuracy of +/-3mm over 300 feet. Even in the case of an unexpected print stop while printing the back side, the camera system will detect which image needs to be printed so that production can resume rapidly and flawlessly.
The Avinci CX3200 dye-sublimation textile printer
The Avinci CX3200 produces consistently vibrant high-quality prints on a wide range of polyester-based fabrics for indoor or outdoor soft signage, interior decoration, and fashion items. It can print directly to fabric, which is easy and fast, and ideal for applications such as flags. Yet it can also print on transfer paper, which is perfect for obtaining super-sharp backlit applications with deep blacks, as well as for handling really stretchy fabrics.
Software demonstrations for inkjet printing
- Asanti – Automated production hub that streamlines digital printing workflows, and features an intuitive overview dashboard that allows for better planning and follow-up of jobs.
- StoreFront – Web-to-print SaaS solution that enables print services providers to expand their customer base thanks to an easy set-up of online stores. Includes automated preflight checks and instant feedback on order status.
- PrintTune – Measures color reproduction of inkjet prints to improve the quality and consistency of prints. Provides smart insights in printing equipment performance and facilitates approvals.
Software demonstrations for offset commercial and packaging
- Apogee – Comprehensive, integrated workflow for offset printers that controls every phase of the print production process. Either on site or in the cloud.
- Amfortis – All-in-one workflow software for packaging printers, including preflighting, step & repeat, proofing and imaging to output devices. Imports CAD files & snaps artwork to die lines.
- SPIR@L – Screening software that saves printers up to 12% on ink while reducing waste, enabling faster finishing, and ensuring crystal-clear images every time
- PressTune – Print standardization software that ensures prints adhere to predefined standards and are color-consistent. It lowers ink and paper consumption while reducing make-ready time by up to 40%.
In addition to printer & software demos, there will be a myriad of large-format inkjet print samples on display for visitors to explore and to inspire. Highlights will include samples from the systems on the booth, as well as varnish prints made on the new Jeti Tauro H3300 HS LED, the latest member of the Tauro family, which offers producers of corrugated cardboard displays the option to add a layer of glossy or matt varnish – either applied to the entire surface (flood varnish) or to selected spots (spot varnish). The varnish embellishes prints with a fine luxury look, while also protecting them to some extent.
Last but not least, Agfa’s industrial experts will be available for answering questions about the Alussa solution for leather decoration printing, the InterioJet for flooring and furniture, the SpeedSet 1060, powered by Inca and aimed at the folding carton and corrugated packaging markets, as well as special inks for industrial applications. There will be real-life customer samples at the booth.
Printing United will be held October 19 through 21 at the Las Vegas Convention Center. Agfa can be found at booth C8130.