EFI to Preview VUTEk DS digital screen printer at SGIA
Press release from the issuing company
Foster City, CA -- October 14, 2008 -- EFI, the world leader in customer-focused digital printing innovation, today announced that it will be previewing the VUTEk DS Series digital screen printer in Booth #1807 during the SGIA Exposition and Conference, October 15th through 18th, 2008, at Atlanta's Georgia World Congress Center. This high speed flatbed UV printer provides a digital solution for the production of POP-quality graphics at breakthrough speed with digital economics and the advantages of UV technology.
EFI Quote: Chuck Dourlet
"We are excited to be bringing the DS Series printer to SGIA," said Chuck Dourlet, vice president of marketing, EFI? VUTEk. "SGIA is the ideal venue for the North American debut of this breakthrough superwide format flatbed printing solution, scheduled to be commercially available in 2009. In addition, attendees will have the opportunity to see a number of other award-winning EFI VUTEk solutions for the superwide format market at this important show. During the show, attendees will also have the opportunity to speak one-on-one with EFI executives and experts who can help them better understand the impact these market-leading superwide format printing solutions can have on their business success."
The DS Series: Incredible Speed and Resolution
The DS Series defines a new category of high-speed digital flatbed printers representing a tipping point in productivity, image quality and flexibility. Its new digital economics and capabilities will be attractive to both analog screen printers and leading-edge digital printers. The innovative DS Series design and architecture enables the cost-effective production of higher volume jobs than ever before possible using a digital press. The incredible speed and resolution made possible by the DS Series' innovative full width print array sets this VUTEk printer apart from all other competitive offerings available in the market today.
The DS Series offers:
- Breakthrough Speed, producing sellable output at up to 557 square meters (6,000 square feet) per hour and using a unique high productivity UV curing system, newly engineered from the ground up, to provide full curing at the fastest speeds.
- Digital Economics, removing costly and time-consuming screen manufacturing, screen removal and reclamation. This quick turnaround makes it possible to go straight to high volume production for same day, order-to-delivery capability.
- UV Advantages, eight ink channels, up to 1200 dpi quality and fast make-ready times. The DS Series prints to a wide range of substrates while minimizing the health and safety issues normally associated with analog workflows and extends the digital crossover point with traditional screen print by a factor of 4 to 5.
More Award-Winning EFI VUTEk Solutions on Display
EFI will also bring a range of award-winning superwide format solutions to SGIA, giving show attendees a first-hand look at the industry's leading product portfolio. This includes:
- VUTEk QS3200r. This innovative roll-to-roll UV printer was recognized as the 2007 grand format UV product of the year by the Digital Printing & Imaging Association (DPI). New at SGIA is a heavy-duty media handling option and a kit that enables two-sided printing, both designed to increase the productivity of this already outstanding printer.
The QS3200r is an exceptionally high quality, high-speed printer that produces images up to 3.2 meters wide at 1,080 dpi with High Definition Printing (HDP), at the rate of up to 1,850 square feet per hour. VUTEk quality means that even four-point type is rendered crisply, and the printer's EFI Fiery XF RIP ensures consistent, accurate color output every time for superior unmatched quality from a UV printer. The QS3200r uses specially developed VUTEk QS Series r UV inks that are highly flexible and ideally suited for roll-to-roll applications.
- VUTEk 3360 with the Fusion Option. The VUTEk 3360, a three-meter roll-to-roll solvent printer, was recognized as the 2007 DPI grand format solvent product of the year. It is available in four-, six- and eight-color versions, switchable to Fast-4? and is field upgradeable from one configuration to another. The 3360 prints up to 1,622 square feet per hour at up to 720 dpi apparent resolution for brilliant photographic color reproduction on roll-to-roll substrates. The 3360 will be producing solvent applications in the EFI booth at the show.
The versatile VUTEk 3360 is also available with the Fusion option, which enables a clean and rapid changeover between traditional solvent and textile applications in about two minutes, without the need to flush the entire system. Hilord Chemical Company, an EFI partner, will be demonstrating the 3360 printing dye sublimation applications in Booth #2607 using VUTEk UltraTex dye sublimation ink. This is an extremely versatile ink solution that is wash-resistant and dryer-resilient for reusable indoor/outdoor graphics. UltraTex ink infuses into fabrics to produce vibrant colors with excellent draping capabilities.
- VUTEk QS3200. This versatile 3.2 meter printer offers superior image quality on both rigid and flexible substrates up to 126 inches (3.2 meters) wide and up to two inches (5.08 cm) thick, with changeover from flexible to rigid substrates in less than a minute.
Recognized as 2007's best superwide format printer of the year by the EDP (European Digital Print Association), it is certified for use with 3M's Matched Component System (MCS). 3M Piezo Inkjet Inks and 3M media ensure vibrant, long-lasting four- or six-color graphics when used with VUTEk QS2000 or QS3200 printers. These UV-cured inks are durable, weather resistant and have excellent color retention. Their flexibility makes them suitable for use on curved, corrugated or flat surfaces, with or without rivets, when producing fleet and vehicle graphics, indoor and outdoor signs, banners and flexible sign faces. They have a wide color gamut and excellent adhesion to 3M media.
"The EFI VUTEk solutions that will be on display at SGIA clearly demonstrate the company's ongoing commitment to bringing innovation to the superwide format market," added Dourlet. "They all incorporate a number of industry firsts that continue to make EFI the first stop for print service providers wishing to profitably grow their display graphics businesses."
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.