Editions   North America | Europe | Magazine


CMC Delivers a CMC CartonWrap for Mathon.fr

Press release from the issuing company

Kuider Akani. (Photo by Michel Battaglia)

CMC Spa, the world leader in e-commerce packaging automation, has delivered a CMC CartonWrap XL at the fulfilment centre in Saint-Marcellin of French kitchenware retailer Mathon.fr

Città di Castello - Established in 1989, Mathon.fr is the leading French online retailer of cooking and baking accessories offering their customers an unrivalled collection of 6,150 online references distributed by 164 different brands plus their own brand Mathon©.

Their business has grown rapidly over the years, with a turnover increasing from € 13.4 million in 2013 to € 21.2 million in 2021.

The ambitious growth plans have been accelerated by the increase of Mathon.fr product offer (+ 1000 new products added to their catalogue) and a € 1.5 million investment to optimise their supply chain.

Kuider Akani, former Chief Digital Officer at Yves Rocher worldwide and CEO of Mathon.fr since February 2021 has led the automation project with CMC. “I have set great ambitious for the company not only in terms of turnover and product offer. Our brand must carry the promise of a positive and proactive approach to environmental and social responsibility. Packaging was a challenge and CMC helped us to tailor a solution to lessen environmental impact and increase our operations efficiency” he commented.

CMC CartonWrap XL produces automated, custom packaging in real time. Products are scanned at the induct of the machine to calculate the volume and cut the cardboard to the right dimensions. Void fills are eliminated, and shipping volumes reduced by 40%. This results in higher truck density, optimising the logistics transportation and supporting significant cost reduction whilst equally reducing Mathon.fr total carbon footprint.

Furthermore, the integrated easy opening system allows to open the box safely and reuse it in case of returns so that customers do not have to source any other packaging.

“We completed the machine installation with CMC’s French Partner ABI Graphique in October 2021 and run our peak with this new equipment seamlessly. Today it processes up to 3.000 packages/day but our investment in the CMC CartonWrap XL provides a long term solution with the opportunity to scale and increase production up to 8.000 boxes a day” Cyril Rebreyend, CTO of Mathon.fr said.

Marco Mozzaorecchi, CMC Area Manager commented “Today 84% of Mathon.fr turnover comes from e-commerce. The remaining 16% encompasses mail order, shops and pop-stores. Our discussions with Mathon.fr showed that the need for a complete omni-channel approach was required to enable continued growth; we needed to ensure a tailored solution that in the future can support their fulfilment process comprehensively. CMC is honoured to partner with a company where innovation and sustainability are not just a strategy but a business driver”.

For additional information about CMC please visit CMC’s website at www.cmcmachinery.com


Join the discussion Sign In or Become a Member, doing so is simple and free